Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

WTB: Meat Slicer

I am looking for a good meat slicer. I would prefer to get one that is one of the old ones that were made in the USA and will last.

I have been a Hobart service tech for 18 years. I've worked on all brands of slicers. I have some advice for you...buy a Hobart.

The models 1612, 1712 & 512 slicers are built very, very well. Even the smaller model 410 is a great machine. All of these were made in the USA & have minimal electrical components. All are extremely durable.

The models 1812 & 1912 are similar but have more electronics.

The newer slicers such as the 2612, 2712, 2812 & 2912 are built w/ far more electrical components due to lawyers & more safety features.

Anything newer than those are loaded w/ electronics & more plastic.

Last edited:
I have been a Hobart service tech for 18 years. I've worked on all brands of slicers. I have some advice for you...buy a Hobart.

The models 1612, 1712 & 512 slicers are built very, very well. Even the smaller model 410 is a great machine. All of these were made in the USA & have minimal electrical components. All are extremely durable.

The models 1812 & 1912 are similar but have more electronics.

The newer slicers such as the 2612, 2712, 2812 & 2912 are built w/ far more electrical components due to lawyers & more safety features.

Anything newer than those are loaded w/ electronics & more plastic.

Thanks for the information.

Top Bottom