WTB - Prosumer Style Video Camcorder

KCCyclone

I'm looking to purchase a prosumer style camcorder for filming our hunts this year. Just curious if anyone has a GL1, GL2, PD150, etc., etc., that they are looking at getting rid of right now. I would prefer to buy a camcorder that is all ready setup for hunting. Please shoot me a PM if you have something similar you'd be willing to part ways with.

Thanks!

I've been looking at a few on ebay. There's lots to choose from

This kind of goes without saying, but be very, very careful who you buy these from on eBay. I was looking at them for a few months on there awhile back and it was pretty obvious that some of the people that were selling them on there were scammers. They had very little if any feedback and they had a 'stock picture' of the camera rather than a pic of the actual camera they were selling and didn't know anything about the camera if asked questions.
Make sure they have a high feedback rating with recent transactions and that they have a picture of the actual camera in the listing.
Just my $.02 worth....hate to see someone get bilked out of a bunch of $ and/or have to go thru the hassle of going thru the process of getting your $ back from PayPal!

This kind of goes without saying, but be very, very careful who you buy these from on eBay.
This is exactly why I'd prefer to pay someone on this forum cash for a camera they're trying to get rid of. I know that most people on this forum would honor the products they're selling. And if I have questions while I'm using it, I'm sure most would also be willing to provide some additional insight into the querks of the camera. I am extremely hesitant on purchasing a used camera on EBay.

So with that being said.....anyone have one for sale??? :D I'm really leaning towards a Sony PD150 or PD170 right now. From what I've read, it really seems they are much better low light cameras than the GL1 or GL2.

If I were gonna get back into a prosumer camera there is no way I would buy anything but an HD camera. I owned a GL2 and there is no comparison to any HD camera out there.

I've got a buddy running an FX7 and another running an FX1000 (both take great HD video). The guy running the FX1000 was thinking of upgrading. I will see what he's willing to let it go for.
Justin

Hey KC, i have a pd150 and an fx-7 for sale, i just upgraded to a canon xh-a1 and need to get rid of some of my other cameras that i wont be using anymore. I have pictures and info all the necessities if you want to check them out. Pm me back with your e-mail and ill send you some pictures and the info. thanks man, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks IowaDave. You make a good point. I'm also looking into buying a good camera to start filming some hunts as well as family stuff. It does make a lot more sense to buy from a trust worthy individual rather than a scam on ebay. Not to hi jack KCCyclone's post but I would like to hear what you guys have for sale.

My buddy said he would sell his FX1000 for $2500. Camera was brand new last summer and used very little throughout the hunting season. I wanna say it was $3200 or $3400 new...

Back