Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wyoming Trip report - Big Deer

P

Patrick

Went out to Wyoming elk hunting for two weeks. Didn't get my elk but had numerous close calls and have no one to blame but myself. My partner shot a cow elk with his bow!!

After applying most of his life my dad drew his first moose tag. So we took a couple days off from elk hunting and helped him hunt for a moose. On the second day about 5 miles as the crow fly into the Bridger Teton Wilderness we found the moose we were looking for. My dad got the job done and us nonresidents got it quartered and ready for packing. After about three hours of hard work we loaded one horse and one mule and walked them out of the wilderness with much excitement.

Moose_Dad_n_Pat_A.jpg

Congrats on a good hunt ,thanks for the picture. the season is finally here,and the stories and the arrows or gonna start to fly I can't wait.

Thanks,

I should add in one other note of interest. My dad and I both applied for the same area just incase we both drew. There were 3 nonresident tags for the area and 12 resident tags. I applied as a nonresident and my dad as a resident. My odds of drawing were 1 in 5, his were 1 in 90. He drew...

Congratulations! Great photograph!

I too hunted with my Dad in Colorado this year. First time in our lives we took a trip like that.

We did not harvest any game but made new friends and had another great experience together.

I am fortunate to have grown up hunting with my Father. Nothing could ever top that.
wink.gif

Top Bottom