Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Y'all got to me...BBD

TheMadCatter

12135-image-31147410111.jpg

12135-image-4258108005.jpg

12135-image-345337649.jpg

172", 23 and 24" MBs

It was starting as a normal day for me, 6th day of waking up at 5:05am to hunt the buck I call Holstein. I didn't see a single deer while out in the morning and thinking nothing of it headed to school. I told my friend we should meet up and go hunting this afternoon on one of our places (with the foodplot in mind) the wind was perfect for the stands. We went out around 1:30 I sat 200 yards down into the timber and he sat over the food plot. The night wore on and bucks were going through like crazy, saw a 140-145" 8pt and some other decent bucks that will be awesome next year! I had this hen turkey come in to about hearing distance and I yelped at her. I don't use a mouth call or slate I'm able to yelp just like a hen. I called her in to about 75 yards and she roosted right by me. About that time I hear leafs rustling down in the creek draw. I look over and see the buck messing around getting a drink, I stood up in my stand because I was expecting him to walk the creek, he then just turned right around the way he was going. My friend, who just started to rattle and grunt brought this buck back! He came running and stood broadside for me at 6 yards, I smoked him! He ran 160 yards and started tumbling and bedded down right out of sight of my friend. At exactly 4:58 (Because I couldn't wait until 5) I went down to the ground. I saw his head right on the edge and decided I had to make a move FAST. I didn't want him going ANYWHERE tonight and we'd bump him for sure if we had to leave. I snuck up to 20 yards and he jumps from his bed and wobbles away HE WAS HURTING. I grabbed an arrow and he was broadside at 30 yards and my arrow his a branch. Then I had about a 3ft clearing and I knew he'd be at 40 yards when he would walk by. He started to wobble and I stuck him and he dropped right on the edge of the food plot.

The rest is history.

CAT PICTURES TO COME.

Last edited:
Awesome buck! Wall hanger right there! Just keep tabs of your #1 and get him with the smoke pole later in the year

Oofta. Helluva deer bud. I agree with what has already been said. If the big boy is a homebody keep an eye on him and kill him shotgun or muzzleloader.

Can't wait to see picks our your #1, the 160's and 180's deer you had encounters with this week. I also intrigued to find out what this buck scores.

Awesome, you can't be disappointed with that at all!!! I would consider myself lucky to ever get one that breaks 170.

Racking up a heck of a season so far. Congrats! And 2 for 2 to boot with no loses! That's very good to see.

Top Bottom