Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Yet Another Trespasser

Gladiator

PMA Member
I understand all the posting and controversy on whether or not people agree with this, but it is helping out the landowners and I told a team member of ours I would relay his post on this site since there are much more people on here than our site...

***There is no slandering of this man's personality, reputation, etc...just acknowledging he is not where he should be. The landowner wants some help on this...he has had multiple cams stolen and wants to keep others off his ground. Once he learned about the trespassing pics, he found this from September and wanted to share.

Not a question whether this guy is trespassing or not, however this is not picture, nor my hunting ground - just relaying from a team member. Landowner in Davis County, south of Ottumwa needs help and wants to know if anyone knows this guy.

If I am out of line posting this (I've read all the other posts), I will gladly remove it and keep it up on our site...

Thanks

trespasserSept2010iii.jpg

If I am out of line posting this (I've read all the other posts), I will gladly remove it and keep it up on our site...

You are NOT out of line for posting this. The guy who's walking in front of the camera is the one who is out of line. I hope folks can get you a PM on who this guy is and then let the chips fall where they may. Good luck on identifying!!! :way:

This is on my farm, actually. If anyone thinks they know who it is, but wants a full-size (1M) photo emailed to them for better zooming, etc ... send me a PM. Thanks.

Yet another 'stache. :D

No but in all seriousness, these trespassing threads are absolutely necessary. Heck I'd be ok with the mods starting up a Trespassing forum. Hope you catch the guy. :way:

Yet another 'stache. :D

No but in all seriousness, these trespassing threads are absolutely necessary. Heck I'd be ok with the mods starting up a Trespassing forum. Hope you catch the guy. :way:

Please don't hide them in a seperate forum. Keep them out where everyone will see them.

It would be cool to have somebody contact the Register or some news outlet to do a story on these threads and how tresspassers are being caught with trail cams.. Maybe drawing attention to people who got caught and making it known just because you are in the woods and off the road that doesn't mean you can't be seen..

It would be cool to have somebody contact the Register or some news outlet to do a story on these threads and how tresspassers are being caught with trail cams.. Maybe drawing attention to people who got caught and making it known just because you are in the woods and off the road that doesn't mean you can't be seen..

Don't do that! It'll get out to all them and they will start stealing even more cams so they don't get caught!

I see where u are coming from. But these guys r not seeing the cams in the first place. O got a cuddeback stolen a couple yrs ago and I am sure they saw it and knew they were caught and stole the cam. Locked em up and conseal them to catch these people imo.

It's too bad that trail cams have to be used for policing a property as much as keeping tabs on the deer, now. A guy should be able to just throw 'em up in any darn tree they want and hope to get some big bucks on it.

First of all thats not me. However, last weekend I shot a doe in the anterless season and she crossed the road into a patch of woods I don't know the owner. I knocked on the door and no one was home. My understanding is if I leave my gun in the truck I can track and retrieve a wounded animal. I followed the blood trail for probably mile plus through these woods. The whole time I was tracking the deer I kept thinking "great, now I am going to show up on someones cam photo on Iowa Whitetail"

You are NOT out of line for posting this. The guy who's walking in front of the camera is the one who is out of line. I hope folks can get you a PM on who this guy is and then let the chips fall where they may. Good luck on identifying!!! :way:

BOOM! Sligh said it right, anyone that doesn't want to read it can skip it. Anyone that wants to gripe, can stop posting whatever they want to because maybe others don't want to read it.

First of all thats not me. However, last weekend I shot a doe in the anterless season and she crossed the road into a patch of woods I don't know the owner. I knocked on the door and no one was home. My understanding is if I leave my gun in the truck I can track and retrieve a wounded animal. I followed the blood trail for probably mile plus through these woods. The whole time I was tracking the deer I kept thinking "great, now I am going to show up on someones cam photo on Iowa Whitetail"

What you did was legal and understandable, provided you did not carry your weapon. If by chance your picture appears here as a result, then provide the explanation and I think most everyone would get it. The problem is that a very high percentage of these pictures are of people who are where they shouldn't without a valid reason.

It's too bad that trail cams have to be used for policing a property as much as keeping tabs on the deer, now. A guy should be able to just throw 'em up in any darn tree they want and hope to get some big bucks on it.

You can do that up here in MN. My cam has been up off and on since October without a lock and it's still there. The 90"ers we got runnin' round these parts don't cause people to turn into lawless ciminals. :D

What you did was legal and understandable, provided you did not carry your weapon. If by chance your picture appears here as a result, then provide the explanation and I think most everyone would get it. The problem is that a very high percentage of these pictures are of people who are where they shouldn't without a valid reason.

I didn't carry my weapon and btw I do support these being posted. Just made me chuckle walking through the woods following the blood trail...and every now and then wondering where the cam was that was going to snap my picture

Hanging on

I love it keep posting this pics hopefully the word gets out that we as hunters are tired of this @#$% and we are going to start doing something about it if some of you guys want me to make you some steel cam boxes let me know then you can chain them to the tree and they cant steal them .they arent hard to build takes about a hour to make one and a cost of about 25 dollars we make them in nc to keep the bears from getting cams

If you are tracking a deer and your picture gets taken it should be easy to explain yourself
because the deer you are tracking should be on there also.

One other problem is that the law doesn't require the hunter who's tracking the deer to inform the landowner that he's even on the property....

If you are tracking a deer and your picture gets taken it should be easy to explain yourself
because the deer you are tracking should be on there also.

BECAUSE THE DEER YOU ARE TRACKING SHOULD BE ON THERE ALSO- I love it!!! Great point. I think if MOST folks try that AND are lying about it, I think a little investigation into things like: where were you hunting, where's the blood trail, did you have a deer tag at that time, where did you have permission, etc, etc MIGHT lead to some info that proves they were lying if they were in fact being deceitful.

Top Bottom