Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

yote numbers

beararchery

Just wondering If anyone has noticed If the numbers of yotes has increased? The land im hunting This year never has yotes running on it and i hardly ever hear em. This year a budy missed 2 yotes yesterday and i hear atleast 10 howling every night. I have also Seen quite a few running around right by osceola town limits.

Numbers are definitely up over the last 3 to 4 years. We used to never see them and the last few years we see them all the time during late muzzy. Had a bunch of them on a camera pull a month or so ago. Boy its eerie in the morning when they are howling and you still have to walk to your stand in the dark....

Saw one yesterday, had one on yesterday's trail cam, and when was walking out heard at least two different packs howling within a mile on either side of me. Seems like a lot. But I live in Ames and am rarely out at dusk in the country. Will definitely be back there with my 6mm rifle after deer season.

I love hunting coyotes. Gets pretty challenging them dogs aren't dumb. Now is the season to hunt coyotes closed this all deer seasons are done like back in New York where I came from or can you hunt them whenever?

huntingkid said:
I love hunting coyotes. Gets pretty challenging them dogs aren't dumb. Now is the season to hunt coyotes closed this all deer seasons are done like back in New York where I came from or can you hunt them whenever?

Kill on site-hunt whenever

huntingkid said:

Its a opened season, but ya super challenging, budy said he stopped it and it imediatly pegged he and it was off.

The yotes at our place are as thick as thieves. Don't know why but they are the hardest yotes I have ever hunted by far. It seems I can go anywhere and call in a pile of yotes except for my dad's farm. Must be some pressure but man they are all over.

Some things never change
986-dsc02343.jpg

I killed one a month ago with my bowtech and hit one the next week never recovered him or my arrow. Then in addition I have seen two running during day light and a a few while driving at night. Yea. I'm thinking the numbers are up. I will be shooting every one I see.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

At my spots in southern Iowa they are everywhere. I thought I was going to get eaten a couple of weeks ago when I hunted down there. I've never seen or heard a coyote at my spots in northeast Iowa.

We too are seeing and hearing a few more than normal this year it seems. Our area gets hunted pretty actively by a group with hounds and I'll just say that they are apparently very effective hunters, because there is normally a pretty light population given the otherwise very good habitat we have all around us.

I too suspect that the very mild winter reduced the normal success rate of the hound hunters this past winter in our area.

coyotes

There are more in MN as well, see or hear them on every bow hunt! Shot a young one with my bow early in season, he was young and dumb!

Top Bottom