Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

You guys have no clue!

RTN

I've been hunting deer since I was 7. I don't claim to be a great "taker of trophies" but I'd be willing to bet my right arm I love the sport as much as if not more than anyone else here (I'm sure you can relate). You guys truly have a hunting paradise. I'm trying patiently to wait for Nov. I enjoy this site. Alot less "greater than thou" going on and good info. I lurk alot here. I'm just as reclusive on the net as in person. None the less I enjoy Yall's input and stories. Can't wait.

RTN, Time sure does creep by when you have a hunting season to look forward too. I hate to wish my life away, but I do wish it was NOW!

RTN. Alot of joking around here in the past few months (and it's been fun) but it is starting to get a little more serious as hunting season draws near. This is an outstanding site to gather information or ask questions. There are countless members that have years of experience and knowledge they are willing to share. And your right......it can get very addicting. After meeting several members at the deer classic and the Rendevous I can say you can look a long time and never find a better bunch of guy's. Hope ya stick around...................

RTN....good members from Florida or elsewhere are welcome here. It is easy to take for granted the hunting here when you grow up in the area.

It is refreshing to hear someone from another part of the country give us all a wake up call.

I was reminded of that last night,... as I was putting in new tail lamp bulbs in my truck I looked across the pond at home and had a bunch of deer at my mineral site. I love to watch them just almost as much as I love to hunt them.

Glad to have you on the site. What do you hunt in Florida?

Ghost Walker,

Down here I hunt deer and hog. We are lucky to have long seasons but cursed with bugs, heat and the lack of season changes. I tell all the guys down here they need to at least hunt the midwest once. I just enjoy this site pop in now and then to get the "skinny". Looks like from another post I'll be out there at a good time (Nov. 8-15).

Thanks again for the replies past, present and future. Keep the info coming

RTN, you are correct. We have it made. This will be my 31st consecutive archery season in Iowa. My father being one of the pioneers of bowhunting Iowa made sure it was part of my adgenda while growing up. We have always valued the opportunities and personal relationships with the people that work the land. To us, hunting in Iowa goes much deeper than putting a rack on the wall or meat in the freezer.

I cannot even comprehend being trapped in a city with the desire to hunt. We have been greatly blessed.
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Hey RTN, its great to have more than just us midwestern hicks on here,welcome.I don't know in what part of the state your hunting but here in the S.E.it looks like most of the corn will be picked by the time you get here. So sight in that 150 yard pin and good luck!
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom