Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

You tell me!

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
IW has been a bit slow lately so i'm going to try to help out and get things going again. For those of you who have never posted, or don't post very often, feel free to chime in to get the ball rolling.

Here is the scenario:
It's a crisp, calm morning in early November. You are sitting in the perfect funnel, one of your favorite stands. The morning action has started to slow down when you hear some grunts coming from behind you. You stand up, look back, and notice a doe charging your way with two bucks (pictured below) hot on her tail. You're set-up is going to work out perfect. When the three get by your stand you draw your bow and bleat with your mouth to get them to stop. Like clockwork, all three stop and have no idea you're there. Both bucks are standing broadside, in the open (clear shots at both), at 14 yards.

Now is decision time. Buck 'A' is named Bud, and buck 'B' is named Everest.

What would YOU do? Send an arrow through the lungs of Bud or Everest? Or, neither?

Also on a sidenote, what do you think these bucks would score? Lets get this forum going again. Dont be scared to hit 'submit'. :way:

BUD
MDGC04462.jpg

MDGC04122.jpg

MDGC0703.jpg

EVEREST
MDGC0115.jpg

MDGC0222.jpg

MDGC1039.jpg

I'd whack Bud and not even think twice.....

Both are remarkable

id guess Everest scores in the low to mid 150's
Id guess Bud to score in the low to mid 160s, but that velvet sure can be decieving....
but don't quote me on that.... tough call

i like them both!

Holy smokes... Im going back and forth so much!!!

I would love to take either of those bucks but if they were both asking for an arrow I think I would send it towards BUD. :grin:

You cant go wrong with either though! :way:

Considering they both look to be "mature" it makes the decision even harder. :grin:

Bud:
Wide spread, looooong 3's, sweeping beams and a mile between the brows!

Everest:
Tad more mass than Bud, beautiful square frame and classic two's longer than his 3's.....yup, my arrow is sailing through Everest! :way: Plus Bud has that torn left ear you know. ;)

Tough call...shoot 'em both if you have a landowners tag!!!

Very nice...but if I had to choose - Bud for me.

Just for kicks i'll throw in some more photos of everest and a video of bud.

Video of Bud

Everest 2008
Everest2008.jpg

MDGC1089.jpg

MDGC1138.jpg

MDGC0685.jpg

I am taking Everest! Both are great bucks....Hopefully the camera man in the stand with me has his bow too and both are dirtnapin'!

I don't think you could go wrong. Everest looks like an older deer, big belly, swooping back. I think ole bud might have some room to grow some more mass. SO I would have to go with Everest knock another arrow and shoot the doe. It's a 2 for 1 type of day.

Everest..............FO SHO!!!

I just like the way he looks, more mass,...mass is #1 with me.

Good Post.

Top Bottom