Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

You thoughts?

revup

Get Wild Outdoors
Shooting does before the pre-rut/rut................to shot, or not to shot?

Do you let her walk, in hopes that she'll bring around a big boy during the rut...........or let it fly, knowing that there will be more to come?

Not that many Doe's/Deer,,in my area, so I let them walk,,until just before Shotgun seasons. Usually some snow then too,,for ease of tracking.

I shoot everyone I get a shot at, during every hunting season.

The best lure I have ever seen during the rut is having a dead nanny at the base of your tree. :grin:

Shoot 'em. But don't let someone else dictate what you shoot or don't shoot. It's your hunt, and if you like shooting does, take the shot. Pretty darn tasty . . .

Ihunt around the fringes of my honey holes and shoot every doe that comes into range until my predetermined number of slick heads are on ice. Then move into the gravy spots for all of the bucks waiting for me. This is my first crackberry post to the site. We are almost to Co for a week of camping and scouting for mulies. I forgot to tell my wife that was what she was going to be doing. :)

I let em walk usually, but for other reasons. I hate shootin' em when it's still kinda warm cuz I don't like being rushed to butcher em. Pathetic I know, but if I can't hang/bleed it out for a full 24 hours then nothing dies unless it's got bone on it's melon!

Top Bottom