Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Young, but I couldn't let a drop tine walk 11/6

boacephus

http://www.iowawhitetail.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/26874/ppuser/2840

After a long uneventful Wed, this one came through about 4:30 Thurs. He was about ten minutes behind a 6pt basket. I really had my sights set on a bigger more mature buck, but this one is pretty close to my best with a drop tine to boot. I have also had tag soup the past two years, sorry I'm still trying to convince myself that it was a decent decision. Hopefully my LM hunt will be the wall hanger.

Hmm I've never had problems posting an image

0061.JPG
there

Looks like his main beams just go down...not sure thats a drop...need some more angles his other side looks to be doing the same.... cool deer tho

Looks like it'll taste better then tag soup, that's for sure. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
I think everyone on here has had second thoughts after the shot was taken. I've shot smaller deer, don't let it bother you.
Get after that monster after the snow flys (some more). /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
That's when I go too, I like freezing my butt off /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif I ain't right in the head though.

Thanks for getting that posted. Yes he did have one on the other side, that was broken off.

0013.JPG

Ahh I copied the wrong link in the first post

Looks like he would have been a monster double drop in a few years. a drop is a drop regardless. congrats

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabruce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hard to pass for sure......congrats!</div></div>

Yep, not too many drops get an arrow. Nice Job!!!

you made the right choice. You would have been kicking yourself watching him as he walks off and you see that drop walking away. Great buck. Congrats.

Thanks for the encouragement. It's just hard to not regret my harvest when all these absolute monsters are being taken.

Congrats on the droptine.

I was hoping for something a little different myself this year (droptine, fork, etc).

As long as you are happy with the buck, that's all that matters.

Top Bottom