Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

You're not going to believe this! Youth Season Stalk (VIDEO)

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
To say the least, this past weekend was action packed. I picked up Skylar Cunningham, the winner of The Bow Hunting Road Youth Hunt Giveaway, early Saturday morning and headed to the turkey woods. The previous evening we had roosted a group of 6 toms, so hopes were high. As the sun began to rise over the horizon to our east, a storm began to move in from the west.
sunrise.jpg

At 5:15am the birds were already gobbling to the sounds of rolling thunder in the distance. After sunrise, the longbeards pitched out of the trees and headed south. Knowing that they weren’t coming our direction, and with heavy rains on the way, we opted to ‘go to them’ T3 style with what my friends and I have come to call ‘The Widow Maker’; a fan on a stick. Below is a picture of two birds killed in 2010 by using the 'fan on a stick' method.
IMG_0833.jpg

As you will see in the video (link below), this works well as we closed the distance through an open corn field from 300+ yards to less than 20. I will discuss this strategy in more detail at a later date, but I will say that we have taken many birds over the years using this strategy, and that it’s the only ‘trick’ that I have seen pull toms away from hens. Although we didn’t get the bird, we knew that great weather was in store for Sunday morning. Check back in on Chris and Blake's Bow Hunting Road within the next day for Part II of our hunt as we had an action packed morning Sunday, and Skylar took down his first longbeard!

For now, enjoy the video; Part I- Skylar's First Hunt
http://chrisandblake.bowhuntingroad.com/2012/04/09/skylars-first-turkey-hunt-day-1/

Great video! It is amazing how well that works sometimes.... Looks like there where one too many birds and they got skiddish at the end. Too bad ya didn't make a recovery. It is tough making a shot like that on your belly for some reason. Keep at it! Either way I bet it was a hunt to remember! Stalking up on stutters like that sure gets your heart pumping!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
That was CRAZY!!! I've never turkey hunted, but that kinda makes me want to.. Thanks for sharing..

Top Bottom