Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Bow Question

B

bowcrazy

We ar looking for a bow for my 8 year old son. He currently has a PSE Outlaw that we bought last year. He has reached his draw weight of 25 Lbs.
What bow would you guys recommed getting now? I am pretty sure we do not want the genesis.
Thanks

I bought my 8 year old son the Parker BuckShot.

It has replaceable limbs so when he reaches the limit they can be replaced for $50

Oops! I guess I should have done a site search.
blush.gif
Thanks.

Since we are discusing it, what about a teenage bow? One of the guys I shoot with has a 12 year old. Unfortunately he shoots without sights, really no big deal but he gun barrels the arrow. He's a decent shot but no consistency really. He isn't a large teen so an adult size is to big, to strong and big for a youth bow, lol. I seen Parker has a 40-60lbs with 25-29 draw, kinda pointing them toward that, any other suggestions? I know he should be able to pull 40 no problem, on occasion he can get my 60 with 85% letoff back, but not well enough to shoot.

I remember those days. 10 years old needing to find a bow with a 20 inch draw that would go to 40 lbs +. Wound up having somebody at a bow shoot custom make a York with small wheels and extra thick limbs. Had a heck of a time selling that baby when I out grew it.

youth; bowtech rascal, 20-25" draw, 65-80% let off, 20-40 pounds, 246-254 fps

older kid; bowtech miranda, 22-27" draw, 65-80% let off, 40-60 pounds, 267-275 fps

A friend bought his daughter a bow recently at Sportsmans Warehouse, I think it is a Browning Micro Midas 3.

Pretty nice little bow and with just a few practice sessions she shoots pretty darn good.

Top Bottom