Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Deer season question

stuffy

I have a young man ,who is nine years old.He wants me to take him deer hunting this fall,during youth season.Does he have to be twelve,this year?

Yes he must be 12 and he must complete and pass a Hunter's Safety Course, ironically enough, however, you can take him during the regular shotgun season.
laugh.gif

This is one rule I really don't like. When with an adult, I don't see why all kids with the ability can't participate in the youth season.

This may be changing this year though, I know they changed the youth turkey regulations.

My 12 year old daughter participated in the youth season but my 10 year old son had to wait for regular gun.

837daderin-med.jpg

837121005-med.jpg

Im sorry ,I forgot to ask that. I know they changed it for the turkey season. Didnt know if it was for the deer season also ? (maybe its too early)

[ QUOTE ]

My 12 year old daughter participated in the youth season but my 10 year old son had to wait for regular gun.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have to say that now days the times I enjoy the most are hunting with my son...no matter it he takes a little buck or a couple rabbits. Puts all the "big buck" stuff into perspective and reminds me of what's really important to me.
I hope they change the law so your son can go this year also Ghost.

Top Bottom