Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth double

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
After watching Tanner's buck at 150 yards for about ten minutes, five does made their way through the CRP 30 yards closer to our position. He wasn't too crazy about a 120 yard shot but this was as good as it was going to get as the buck was following the does into the cover. I told Tanner to decide on the shot and that I had to stop him. After pulling the trigger I asked Tanner if he had just dropped and he convinced me that he flinched and he missed him by a mile. After waiting 10 minutes or so I was glassing the area of the shot and thought I saw a tip of an antler sticking out of the grass. Luck was on Tanner's side with a neck shot. When we reached the deer the shock and excitement on Tanner's face was unreal. Tanner later redeemed himself with bow in hand with a double lung shot on a doe. We had a great time opening weekend.
Tanners_buck_011.jpg
Tanners_buck_012.jpg
Tanners_buck_016.jpg

hoofline.gif

A couple of nice deer, Congrats Tanner! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

hoofline.gif

Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? >>>>>Details Here!<<<<< Join now and you are automatically entered into the 2008 Big Buck Contest!

11.jpg

Iowa's number one resource for the whitetail deer.

Congratulations young man , that is a really nice buck , and a great shot on the doe! Way to start your season! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom