Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth hunting?

dblmainbeam

We were having a conversation at work today and started talking about the giant deer that have been shot by kids.

Do you think kids will have less desire to hunt if one of there first deer are 150+?

I fish a lot and always have. I rarely ever keep fish to eat, I just always wanted to catch that trophy fish. When I was 18 I caught 10+ walleye. It was awesome but for next couple years fishing wasn't the same. Now it doesn't matter how big they are I just want to catch them. I'm still waiting for the big buck but there nothing better then backstraps so even if I do get that huge trophy I always want to hunt deer.

Not sure if it will tait the kid's perception, but it certainly prevents some awesome genetics from being spread.

i think as long as thekids have to "work" for than itll keep them going, but most of the big deer killed is just credit to the adult.

its not hard with todays muzzleloaders to be the trigger man on a patterned giant

Must agree with the muzzleloader comment.

The technology has got them shooting as damn-near a rifle. Pretty deadly.

On opening morning of this years youth season we got to our spot right at shooting time and had only been set up less then a minute to have a big doe come right down the trail. I told him if he wanted to take the shot he could or he could pass.He said he was going to take a shot and ended up with a clean miss.I think his nerves got the best of him.We were both disappointed but thinking about it I was glad he had missed so he did not think it was so easy as setting up and having shot your first deer in less then a minute.I think it was a good learning experince for him.

[ QUOTE ]
i think as long as thekids have to "work" for than itll keep them going, but most of the big deer killed is just credit to the adult.

its not hard with todays muzzleloaders to be the trigger man on a patterned giant

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we can't have a scope on our muzzys.Makes a big difference,for me anyway.

Top Bottom