Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Season Ages?

luvtohunt

Anyone know the exact age requirements for youth turkey season? I did a search on Iowa DNR, I know its there, just can't find it.

Thank you.

an article in this month's iowa game and fish said they need to have taken hunter's safety course.

A hunting license in NOT required for residents under age 16 IF accompanied by a licensed adult (18 years or older). If they plan on hunting by themselves they must be ages 12-16 and have had taken the hunters safety course as well as purchased their own license. No matter what the case they MUST PURCHASE A TAG. Same thing applies for deer hunting. Hope this helps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whitetailassasin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A hunting license in NOT required for residents under age 16 IF accompanied by a licensed adult (18 years or older). If they plan on hunting by themselves they must be ages 12-16 and have had taken the hunters safety course as well as purchased their own license. No matter what the case they MUST PURCHASE A TAG. Same thing applies for deer hunting. Hope this helps. </div></div>

This is right on except I thought you couldn't turn 16 before the season or you were considered an adult???

Top Bottom