Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth season luck!!!

Y

Youngbuck

Youth season started yesterday(9-21-02) and my dad and I got up and went to some public land where my grandpa has been seeing a few bucks lately. So we got their, set up then waited. After awhile with no deer we got up to see if any were out in the field when we got up we seen some does out their. I got steddied and was sooooo close to shooting but every time i wanted to she'd move, so they moved on and left.

We went out later that afternoon we only seen some when we were leaving.

We went to the same place today got setup and waited...I was kinda sleepy and in and out of sleep, then my dad said "There's one!" I looked over and seen a buck walking into a field I got the scope on him and he got to far over to the side of the field and then a second buck came into the field. I got the scope on him, Waited for him to turn, and then shot. He kind of jogged away and stopped and looked around. Right when I was thinking I missed ....... he fell over!
smile.gif

He is an eight point with both ends of the beams broken off.
smile.gif

I will post some pics later.
smile.gif

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are out there with your Grandpa.

That is what hunting is truly about as far as I'm concerned.

Let's keep it going...........
smile.gif

Heres a pic,

YoungBck.jpg

Notice the dark color, broken beams, and mushroom point.

Youngbuck,

Congratulations!! I am sure this hunt will be a special memory for years to come. It sounds like your hunting ethics are off to a great start. I commend you for not forcing a poor shot on the first group of deer that you saw. Have a great autumn..... and good luck if you are a bowhunter.......
wink.gif

What a beauyiful buck!!!So,tell us,Do ya want to go and do it again??

youngbuck,
congrats, I can't wait til my boys are old enough to go out with their grandpa. I think I will let him be the first to take them out.
BOWDUDE

Congratulations on a Great Buck! What a great memory to share a hunt with your Dad and Grandpa. I have a Northern Pike mounted on my wall that I caught while fishing with my Dad and Grandpa in Canada. It is one of the most treasured things I own and a memory I'll cherish forever.

Congratulations!! Great shot and very nice buck! Well, now you have a taste of what it's all about.
wavey.gif

Jerry

Congratulations youngbuck! Was this your first deer? Nice buck! I remember my first youth season recruit. Nothing tells the story like a kid's smile standing over their harvest.
Great job
Pupster

Congrats Michael (Youngbuck),

For all of you Dads out there, Just let me tell you, there is not a better feeling in the world than to have your son by your side as he harvests his first buck. I have never been more proud, both in how it happened and how he reacted, he was extremely happy to harvest his first buck, and just as importantly, he also realized the magnitude of what he had just done. After the celebration of the harvest, he wanted and deserved some time by himself and the deer, just some time to reflect on what had just happened. Needless to say, I'm as proud as can be, and if there was ever a doubt that he was going to be as passionate about hunting as I am, it was erased in a matter of seconds. Again Congrats and hopefully more and more dads, moms, grandparents, etc, will be able or have experienced an event like this!

Nice job Youngbuck !! Please tell me you are getting it mounted. Those short haired deer
make such beautiful mounts.

Well everyone else congrtulated first i will be honest and tell you i'am jealous. Hey just kidding , no matter what you have or do not have that memory will always be there and like they say on tv PRICELESS.

Congratulations Young Buck! As everyone else has said it is a memory you have with your grandpa that will last a lifetime. One day you will shed a tear thinking about that day and what it meant to you. Best of the luck for the furture. Be safe!

Like many others have said, well done and congratulations!! I was especially impressed that you were selective in your shot selection, that speaks of your character and maturity. I am sure it was also a thrill to be with your family too.

My 14 year-old son Chase, filled his youth tag tues. nite @6;34pm on a nice 135# doe with 12ga. mossberg.
grin.gif
grin.gif
26in. smoothbore slug barrel ,topped w/9x50 scope, he made a nice 45-50yd broad-side ,double-lung shot, she ran 25yds and jumped a fence and piled-up . He showed a great amount of restraint,as he was waiting for signal from me to go ahead and shoot , as I was filming the whole thing from above him in my tree-stand,I was very proud of him, he is now 3for3 for the early youth season ........thanks DNR for allowing these kids to experence a thrill of their young lives. I am a greatful father............j.b.

Top Bottom