Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth season

kellyprymek

PMA Member
My oldest managed to harvest his first turkey this year at 12 yrs old
9 inch beard 23 lbs 7/8 inch spurs.
But his success is measured in his accomplishment not in the size of the bird. We
Had 5 birds strutting out in front of us this morning at about 100 yards we could not seperate them from there suductive hens and the turkeys all waddled off se where not to be known as a thick fog rolled in and the birds stoped gobbling I saw some interest fading off. I reached into my turkey best and removed my slate call my box call and 2 mouth calls and started a melody of turkey calls to my surprise we had a gobbler fire up but due to the thick mist filled fog he would not come any closer about an hour later around 8 the fog started to lift and I lite up the calls again and yes he gobbled back from the same bush covered knob 15 mins later mason says dad dad dad as I turned my head to see the bird on the far edge of the field 250 yards away checking out the decoys know as bubba and sue. I instantly shut off all calling and let the bird due his thing he feed in about 100 yards and then blew up full strut white head spittin drumming gobblin showing off for bubba and sue and the young hunter behind as the Tom reached the 25 yard mark I started to say whenev and like a pro knowing when the best shot was there the answered I got was boom from his 20 gauge youth 5 shot blaster the turkey flipped over backwards and layers motionless as we hustled to his prize and celebrated with high fives. I am a very proud daddy and cannot wait to watch my boys blossom into free roaming outdoorsmen
24ca0375.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using IW

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom