Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

youth tag question

moosehunter

PMA Member
If a youth season tag goes unfilled can that be used in other seasons? Seems like I remember something like that but I can't find anything in the DNR regulations that says so.

I think Ive heard it was good for every season. Ive got a buddy whos taking his kid and he said it would be atleast good for shotgun and late muzzy if he didnt fill it during the youth part.

They can use it for the early or late muzzy seasons or one of the 2 shotgun seasons. Party hunting is not allowed during the shotgun seasons and the youth whose name is on the tag must harvest the deer (page 27 of this year's regs).

That is a little odd to me.....why would they only be able to use it for one of the 2 shotgun seasons? Like many things, there is an honor system, but how would a CO know if they hunted the 1st shotgun season or not if they tagged a deer in the 2nd? Like I said, seems odd, but that's what it says in the regs.

Last edited:
They can use it for the early or late muzzy seasons or one of the 2 shotgun seasons. Party hunting is not allowed during the shotgun seasons and the youth whose name is on the tag must harvest the deer (page 27 of this year's regs).

That is a little odd to me.....why would they only be able to use it for one of the 2 shotgun seasons? Like many things, there is an honor system, but how would a CO know if they hunted the 1st shotgun season or not if they tagged a deer in the 2nd? Like I said, seems odd, but that's what it says in the regs.

This is correct. And yes choosing a shotgun season is odd. Don't make sense to me.

Top Bottom