Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth tag ?

vike4life

PMA Member
Hey all, I have two kids with unfilled youth tags. The regs say they can fill their tag in one of the following shot gun or muzzy seasons with a licensed hunter. My question is does my small game and bow tag qualify me to take them out during gun season or do I have to have the coresponding tag. I have been told both ways. That I need to buy a tag for whichever gun season I take them on and that I'm licensed all ready and am good to go. ????????????? Any info? Thanks

Dont for the gun seasons you have to have a tag yourself? I guess thats about clear as mud for a youth tag...

gtfo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quit hating wow...

picture.php

I asked a CO last year he told me I was ok as long as I had a hunting license and habitat stamp and my son had his yoth tag. As we all know these laws are open to interpretation. I would email or call your local CO for their interpretation for clarification.

Rules and regs. State that the adult the youth is hunting with has to have a hunting license only no tag needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough people saw the beginning of your first post to understand why I posted mine and I'm standing by it. It was rude and you know it. Also noticed you went in and sweetened it up...............

I would think that you would be just fine. You can take a kid during youth season with a bow tag, and he/she can have a gun. You are doing the right thing. I wouldn't worry about it.... If you were taking your kid so that you could try and have an extra tag I wouldn't worry about it. (Which you cant do anyhow)

About to go on a ALL CAPS RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear if he's going to be a critic you need to make a block d***s button.

My wildest dreams can not come up with your *** word. This is like the ultimate game of hang man and I doubt I will win.

Last edited:
I would think that you would be just fine. You can take a kid during youth season with a bow tag, and he/she can have a gun. You are doing the right thing. I wouldn't worry about it.... If you were taking your kid so that you could try and have an extra tag I wouldn't worry about it. (Which you cant do anyhow)

My wildest dreams can not come up with your *** word. This is like the ultimate game of hang man and I doubt I will win.

Deers? Doors? Dorms? Disks? He's just gettin' on my nerves a little.

Enough people saw the beginning of your first post to understand why I posted mine and I'm standing by it. It was rude and you know it. Also noticed you went in and sweetened it up...............

How is that rude? I just said "Ugh, are you sure?" doesn't seem rude to me. "Sweetened it up" uhuh. I'm trying not to be rude but you're making it hard. I wish there was a block user button.

Top Bottom