Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth tags?

Not to hijack the thread, but does the youth need to have hunter safety certification to get a tag?

Yes they do depending on age. I know my nephew is 13 and couldn't purchase a tag at walmart without the certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
When my kids hunted the youth season they had to complete the hunter safety course and could only hunt that season for three years. My daughter was able to do it for four years because of her birthday. They did away with that stipulation a few years back. Curious how many remember when youth season started they could only hunt on the weekends in September. What year did this season start 1992 or 1993. I remember going to a meeting on it.

They both say archery one says youth from Sept 19 thru Oct 9 the other says Oct 1 thru then end of season both archery statewide. I to looked twice.

But I know the Youth Tag is only good till the 9th of October.

That is one messed up tag. There is no mention of a youth archery license in the regs and the youth license ends on Oct 4, not Oct 9. You may want to get that checked out with a CO before you try to use it.

Youth Season Sept. 19-Oct. 4

Top Bottom