Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth Turkey Help

Status
  • Deleted by TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter

Hey everybody, my little brother who lives in Iowa City is primarily a gamer but I'd like to take him turkey hunting this youth season for his first hunt (He's 10).

I'm looking for a place to bring my little brother that's close to Iowa City for opening weekend, I'm willing to pay for access to a property. Any tips would help since I've never turkey hunted the area.

Thanks!
TH

Would help you out but on the wrong side of the state. Our youth hunter grew to old for youth season so we are looking for a new candidate.

TH, I would be willing to help if we can coordinate it. I live in Iowa City, but hunt at my farm which is well south of IC. So I don't know how far you are willing to travel. Turkey populations are back to fair to decent on my place. What dates are you looking at? No payment necessary...but if some younger guys wanted to help an older guy get some volunteer trees out of his CRP...we just may be able to work something out. :D

TH, I would be willing to help if we can coordinate it. I live in Iowa City, but hunt at my farm which is well south of IC. So I don't know how far you are willing to travel. Turkey populations are back to fair to decent on my place. What dates are you looking at? No payment necessary...but if some younger guys wanted to help an older guy get some volunteer trees out of his CRP...we just may be able to work something out. :D

Thank You for the offer Daver! I sent you a PM.

Would help you out but on the wrong side of the state. Our youth hunter grew to old for youth season so we are looking for a new candidate.

Thanks Bowtech! I'm in Southwest Iowa and our turkey population got hammered last year due to the increase in coyote numbers. I'm trying to get some coyotes off our farm too, there's a coyote competition this weekend and I have a few guys hunting. I hope they hammer out quite a few! My little brother doesn't like long car rides at all. Three hours to our farms is a little much for him anyway.

Status
  • Deleted by TheMadCatter
Top Bottom