Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zone 4 Page county

asolde

This will be my first hunt in Iowa this year. I got drawn for shotgun 1. I have a Buck and doe tag. I chose to shoot a TC muzzeloader because I felt like it would be more accurate. I have gotton permission to hunt a farm in Page county. I am looking forward to hunting Iowa hopeing to shoot a buck of a lifetime. I have been hunting Texas and I know Iowa hunting will be completely different. Any adivice from you guys would be helpful.

Get some good cold weather gear for that time of year, it can be cool. Also, be patient, get a comfy stand or a good comfy chair if your hunting from the ground, people will me making deer drives everywhere, so hunting all day is good, never know when a giant will be bumped and head your way.

Thankyou for the info,thats what I am looking for. I would have never thought about deer drives. What would you suggest to stay warm enough for an all day sit?

Last edited:
you hunting from a ground blind or a stand? Ground blind, you can get by with a little heater, they actually work pretty decent in them. If your in a stand, I am a huge fan of polar tech and artic shield. Polar tech is a base layer, and artic shield is the outer layer. One thing about artic shield is, it better be cold before you put the stuff on.

Top Bottom