Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Must Be Nice!!

CurtisWalker

After working with a fellow IW member and spending the last 4-5 weekends in Southern Iowa, I realized it must be nice to hunt down here. Hills, Trees, grasslands, completely different from Story County. I don't know why anyone would complain from down here.

Grass is always greener I spose. I hunt a paradise in se iowa and I sometimes find myself thinking I'd sure like to hunt some river bottom during the rut. Some of my best hunts in the last 20 years were on public skunk river bottom.

^^^^ So true. I would like to hunt NE Iowa,Loess Hills, SW Iowa, SE Iowa and the list goes on.

Ya, it would be nice to live down there, mainly just to have the privacy and space. Big deer are everywhere but the populations down south seem to be better overall.

I think my favorite areas to hunt are a mix of small ag tracts and wood lots. All the man made funnels, waterways and modified habitat seem to produce pretty good travel corridors.

Ya, it would be nice to live down there, mainly just to have the privacy and space. Big deer are everywhere but the populations down south seem to be better overall. I think my favorite areas to hunt are a mix of small ag tracts and wood lots. All the man made funnels, waterways and modified habitat seem to produce pretty good travel corridors.

Yes, the privacy and space is my main reason. 25ish bowhunters in 200 acres of timber is quite crowded and that's the private land.

Yes, the privacy and space is my main reason. 25ish bowhunters in 200 acres of timber is quite crowded and that's the private land.

Bingo! Lots of great habitat and less hunters per square mile down there compared to central Iowa. Doesn't hurt that good genetics are in place either.

IDK what you are talking about- southern Iowa sucks.........nothing to see or hunt- ESPECIALLY Ringgold county;)

High crime rate, smell like crap, high probability in getting in car accident (hills), no jobs, ugly women, lots of venomous snakes, terrible weather, insect infestation

Best to not venture south of the Gunthrie/Dallas/Polk/Jasper line

High crime rate, smell like crap, high probability in getting in car accident (hills), no jobs, ugly women, lots of venomous snakes, terrible weather, insect infestation Best to not venture south of the Gunthrie/Dallas/Polk/Jasper line

You forgot the low deer population

Geesh man, I gotta agree with the above. I have no idea what wacko's you got mixed up with down there but pretty much the plague of society & deer hunting down there! Only way to enjoy it down there has to be doped up on Meth or something. Or on some cow killing shooting spree. I think I have it figured out now that I think about it!! :)

Pretty sure southern iowa counties are dry counties too. I guess if you don't like beer and are a sparkling grape juice kind of guy... Its for you ;)

Pretty sure southern iowa counties are dry counties too. I guess if you don't like beer and are a sparkling grape juice kind of guy... Its for you ;)

Never have drank alcohol so that's fine with me. I'll just bring a girl from up here with me too.

Geesh man, I gotta agree with the above. I have no idea what wacko's you got mixed up with down there but pretty much the plague of society & deer hunting down there! Only way to enjoy it down there has to be doped up on Meth or something. Or on some cow killing shooting spree. I think I have it figured out now that I think about it!! :)

Yeah, some crazy farmer got me all mixed up in thinking southern Iowa is a good place. Even the fishing is better down there. I do want to go on one of those cow hunts though!

Had a great time there last year!! Shot a heavy horned spike buck, only deer I seen in a week. Drank a little sparkling grape juice cause the county's are dry. Danced with a fat chic and even hooked up with her ugly friend. Slid into a bar ditch cause the roads are crap. And got pulled over because my truck "fit the description of a crime committed earlier in the day". Warning to all avoid southern Iowa. All the big deer come the the East side of the state anyways.

Top Bottom