Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A bit of a rant I suppose...

You rock, Daver! I spend more time on IW (as a NR) than I do on Coueswhitetail because there is too much bashing and "you don't think like me so you're a stupid idiot" mentality on there. I'm often hesitant to post something on CW because people would rather run with their emotions than talk science. I've never had that here. I haven't seen as much of the straight out bashing here, but I've been swamped and not on here as much lately. And it is all over social media. Its easy to love civility when you're not face-to-face. And that's sad. I joined back in 2008 and I'm glad you've stayed the course, Daver, and aren't afraid to keep being you!

And I will go on record as saying I miss HardCoreHunter. Can someone track him down and drag him back?

Last edited:
Great post Daver! Been here for quite sometime too. Stop by daily! Pretty mush keep to myself anymore.... but I do appreciate this site and the long time "Quality" members that are still here and the countless "Quality" new members that continue to join. Snoop around other hunting sites but IW is still my Favorite!

I do a lot of reading but less and less posting. I don't post any of my harvests and there's a thread in the harvest report right now that proves why. There's still plenty of good information to be had here, just a few bad eggs like to spoil it for everyone.

And I will go on record as saying I miss HardCoreHunter. Can someone track him down and drag him back?

WOW! I liked his post also. Just like him I've had filter issues now and then.

Took a break from IW and most other social media. Just try to avoid threads that I know are going to be heated or try to make a joke of them cause thats what they are. We all are never going to have the same opinions on everything. I haven't seen much bashing since I have been back. I wish more people would post more and lurk less. Thats what made this site great back in the day. Only a few do now it seems like now and the get pinned as know it alls. That I don't get.

It's hard to share something that has become so valuable as the whitetail deer of Iowa. That may have something to do with less posting and less sharing here.

Keep calm and post on

I quit visiting for quite awhile and when I started back into the snooping I did not have much to say, also kept to myself.

One of the things that turned me off was the regular attacks towards non residents, people that are not afraid to bust out the gun and the personal/political preaching. Since I've started snooping more I've noticed those type of threads have not been nearly as common and therefore the bickering less. This is the very first site I ever visited roughly 15 years ago and maybe that's what keeps me coming back. I hope the sire stays the course it has been on lately and sticks to what it was built for, the sharing of whitetailed deer from those that love hunting them. Have fun, be safe.

Top Bottom