Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chasing Junior...

Sorry guys, I just got the picture to upload... I have been getting a 503 error overtime i try to respond to a PM or post.

As far as the first shot, i just shot him a little forward and a touch high, as I learned from the previous pictures. The arrow was not still in him when i killed him but there was evident damage from the first shot. His rib was broken on his right side and the arrow had hit him high in the shoulder blade (the off shoulder). The entry was forward but appeared to still catch a big piece of tissue where the lungs come together. His left lung was really green/gray in color like infection had taken over. Not sure that he would of made it through the winter but he had recovered a lot better than i expected. These animals are as tough as they come!

Last Halloween I hit a buck in the same spot, the 2 hours to get to this area killed me trying to do exactly what you did. I really want to commend you on this deer and your tenacity to finish the job. Congrats!

Top Bottom