Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech

Cornfed

Bowhunting Addict
Anyone shot the 2007 Bowtech Tribute yet? Any noticeable difference since they changed the cam lean and grip from the 2006 model? That '06 model was one sweet shooting bow... almost bought it instead of the Switchback XT. I really like my XT but before I decide to get it 'Crackerized' I would like to reconsider my other choices....

Anyone shot the Bowtech Guardian?... Thoughts on this bow.... I will probably just plan a trip down to see Boyd in Pella when time comes to get serious.... still got some hunting I would like to do yet
waytogo.gif

i just got home from a trip to buck hollow. didn't shoot a new tribute, but i did shoot the new allegiance, and te guardian. if the changes to the tribute are anything like what they did to the allegiance, you will be impressed.
the guardian is incredible. it is so smooth and quiet, that it feels like a kids bow. i'm pretty sure that my 06 tribute will be for sale in a few weeks, but i am having a hell of a time deciding what will replace it. if i could just hit the lotto, i could buy both, and be set

I will be picking up a guardian as soon as Boyd gets them in. The tribute about got me to switch but the guardian pushed me over the edge...
grin.gif

I am not brand loyal at all...

McPherson 3-D dream (Mathews)
Mathews Feather light
Mathews MQ32
Mathews SQ2
Mathews Q2
Mathews Legacy
Mathews Switchback

BowTech Guaridan...
evil.gif

Dennis... make the trip...
grin.gif

One thing I really appreciate about Bowtech is that they are always listening to comments and suggestions and making small improvements to their bow line-up. The new side plates grips are awesome and the refinements to the binary cams on the Tribute and Allegiance are also a bonus. I would also recommend shooting the Guardian as the first word out of everyone's mouth that shoots it is "WOW!" Don't have enough space here to talk about all the design innovations and new ideas put forth on the Guardian and soon to be released longer version "Commander" - I think they will be a number one seller this year. The only complaints or criticism I have heard is that they're ugly (but beauty is in the eye of the beholder - they really grow on you and I think they're "perty".

Held the Guardian the other day and loved the feel, especially the grip. Did not shoot it though, but have heard great things. My only concern would be that it has 4 sets of pivot points. Although there isn't much movement in any of the spots, it's still a place that could get "gummed" up in a hunting situation--dirt, sand, ice, etc., and possibly "squeak." I'm sure it's been feild tested though.

I'm kind of partial to Hoyt and I really like my trykon but I can't get over how heavy it feels. I think I might seriously look into the new tribute. Shot last years and really liked the feel of the bow.

Gunrunr,
Is the new vectrix lighter than last years trykon?

Yes, the new Vectrix is lighter than the Trykon. I think the Vectrix is a huge improvement over the Trykon but everyone will probably not agree with me. The Tribute is also a wonderful bow, one of my best sellers last year. I had lots of customers that shot and compared bows from all the top brands and they all seemed to come back and buy a Tribute.

I figured they'd lighten it up a bit. I'm sure the new cams fixed the hard roll over too. Not sure if you know Denny Dryer from Pikes Peak Archery in Farmersburg but he let me shoot his chrome tribute. It was pretty impressive. I'll have to shoot them both and see. Thanks for the reply...

Moose,
Not sure if he does or not I haven't been that way for awhile now. Been meaning to stop in and check the new ones out. I'll let you know if I get down there sometime soon.

jjohnson, when you go to shoot the tribute, be sure to give the allegiance a try too. they shaved off some weight, the thing feels great

I own a 2007 Vectrix and a 2006 Tribute. Both are very sweet bows; I like the Vectrix a little better, it seems to be a little more refined than the Tribute and I shoot the Vectrix more accurately. I have been bored with the lack of time to go hunting right now, so I have been shooting squirrels off of my 2nd floor sundeck with my new Vectrix. I have taken 6 at 30 yds in the last week; all head and neck shots with field tips.I am going to shoot the new Guardian soon.

My biggest 'problem' is I am a 1 bow guy... by that I mean I do not like to own more than 1 bow at a time that I seriously shoot (I have NO plans on selling my recurve though
grin.gif
).... so I will have to find something that convinces me the need to sell the Switchback XT and convert
smile.gif

Headed down to Branson tomorrow to check out the Guardian with Rack. Kinda pricy at $700 but if it is all cracked up to what everyone says I may have to do the deal and pass my SQ2 to my son.

HG,
You are getting a steal at $700, my dealer is at $750 plus a extra $50 for special Cammy.
So Im paying $800
shocked.gif

All I can say is WOW!!

If I were in the market for a new bow there would be no reason to look any further than the Guardian. As HG said, we went Saturday and test shot one. If this bow isn't the "2007 Bow of the Year" I'll be shocked.

The bow we shot was equiped only with the stock Bowtech hush kit that comes standard on them. No stabilizer, just a sight and a rest. The bow was absolutley dead to vibration in the grip, which by the way fits your hand perfectly. I'd buy it just for the grip if nothing else. The guy that went with us later went and shot the Mathews Drenalin and said, while it was certainly a great bow, it was disappointing to shoot after having shot the Guardian.

Over the past few years the changes in archery equiptment have been amazing. Mathews single cam technology was revolutionary. Simms took us into a new era of vibration eliminaton. Now the step in the evolution of bow designs, in my opinion, is Bowtech's binary cam system. Coupled with the design of the Guardian, Bowtech has raised the bar in the archery industry.

Ditto to what Rack said. To add to it two things really stand out to me other than the obvious no shock and no noise. The handle isn't only comortable but the way they have it angled makes you hold the bow correctly with no effort. The other really cool feature is that you can turn the limb bolt out about seventeen turns (according to bow shop guy) and take your string off or put in a peep, in other words you don't need a bow press to take it down. Finally someone is makeing a field friendly bow. I can't say enough about the way it shot. I shoot with a loose grip and the bow never moved, I had no wrist strap on and it never fell out of my hand when I shot. It may not seem like this to those of you who have newer bows but for me going from an SQ2 to the Guardian is a huge leep in improvment. I went ahead and ordered it, $700 for the bow and $43 for the two peace quiver to match.

One peace of advice, if you aren't in the market to trade don't shoot one.
grin.gif

Really the bow is a peace of crap but when Rack said he couldn't buy it because he just bought his Ross I had to buy it.
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

Top Bottom