Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bowtech

Glad you like your Guardian Limb!

For those that have been waiting, I now have a Commander in stock as well and should have a large truck full of Hoyts on the yard today!

The quiver is going...
grin.gif

I don't like it. That is one area that Mathews excels and I hope Bowtech follows suit I would pay top dollar for a machined quiver like Mathews makes that would work on the Guardian. I am going to get an Alpine soft loc or a Fuse. The Bowtech quiver sticks away from the bow quite a ways. But when it comes down to it, it is a small part of the equation.

I am shooting off the string, I had a loop for a couple of years but prefer off the string.

Same thoughts on the quiver. I'm looking at the Trophy Ridge two peace for mine.

I tried the loop season before last but went right back to the string last season. I was anticipating using a loop on the Guardian but stayed with the string so I think I'm going to have the shop swop out the module to a 28 1/2 (currently 28) because it just seems a little short.

Thats it I am gonna head down the road to Pella and shoot that bow.

Limb, why no loop????? I thought that was what everyone was doing now. Is it something with the Guardian specifically that made you change?

No, I guess that is just the way I am comfortable. I have this fear of not being able to hook my release at "go time".

I have to be careful because I am shooting pin nocks and if I let down they come off. I think that shooting a loop may aleviate that situation but I chose to stay loopless for now...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You better take your check book because you will want to walk out with one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably will be in about a month
grin.gif
hopefully they will have a 29" draw in stock with my name on it.

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to get an Alpine soft loc or a Fuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a Fuse now and its junk, go with the Alpine. Plus its much cheaper.

I really like the Apline softloc 5 arrow quiver. I also like the loopy.

I shot the gaurdian the other day. Barb was with me and started giving me a dirty looks as I drooled. There was a mathews shooter at the range that day who swore all of the C clips (16) would eventually make the bow loud.
shocked.gif

Some are floating around now. But I would guess a month before they become readily available... Boyd would have a better idea...
waytogo.gif

Interesting looking bow for sure. The last compound I bought was a 1992 Darton Lightning. They sure have come along way since then. When I bought that bow I remember thinking they probably can't improve much more than this.
grin.gif
Even though I don't shoot compounds anymore, I enjoy watching what the industry comes up with. The Bowtech Constitution sure looks like it would be a nice shooter. Was always a fan of the long axle and deep braces.

Come on, that just aint right. Ive been waiting months for my Mossy Oak Brush Guardian. Hopefully they will be out soon.

Limb, I noticed you have the one piece, Im with you they are far from Mathews design, but I switched to the 2 piece and what a difference it has made.
If you like to remove your quiver while hunting then the 2 piece is not a option.
The 2 piece sucks the arrows a lot closer to the bow, even closer then the Mathews 1 piece did on my Switchback.

[ QUOTE ]
I may have and I still have my Switchback... If I need it...

[/ QUOTE ]
You generaly dont get a second shot
grin.gif

I went down to Buck Hollow on Thursday and shot the new Tribute and Guardian against my Outback. I really liked the Tribute but the Guardian shot just a little bit sweeter. And by the way, it looks better in person.
smirk.gif

I'm going to have to start saving up my pennies...

I was gonna go down there thursday. looks like I am gonna have to make that 10 minute drive and shoot it. seems like everyone that shoots it almost falls in love with it.

Ordered mine yesterday. To be honest I was very close to buying the Tribute. The Guardian has a little meaner cam than the Tribute. I was amazed at how nice the draw cycle was on the Tribute. But the Guardian is a sweet shooter.

Top Bottom