Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Land Purchase

Mcarlile

Hello all,
I am looking to purchase about 40-50 acres of land as recreational / deer hunting land. I want to start making my own little piece of the world an am willing to take my time and develop the piece.

Have looked at many pieces and can't seem to act fast enough to get any of them from any agent. As soon as I hear of a good one within a reasonable distance from Des Moines - it's already sold. Any tips on who to contact or any piece you hear about post them up.....

Geez man- you are doing this at the right time with prices, rates, etc- shoot me a PM, I have tons of guys I've worked with to find premium tracts. It's a buyer's market. 40-50 acres may be why it's selling so fast, I guess there's more competition on those tracts. I just got done buying a place and I have met a lot of folks (good & not so good) along the way. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you some pointers on getting it done. Skip

Last edited:
I want to purchase a land for farming first time. can you please suggest me or guide me which type of soil and the fertilizer is good for sugarcane farming and where I purchase the land ?

The below guy, Ironwood is a great guy to talk to and deal with :)

Thanks Skip. To qualify I am primarily a Residential realtor in Des Miones with ReMax Real State Group, licensed in Iowa(required disclosure).

I am aware of 242 acre managed for many years. 119 ands 123 acres. Different genetics. I can display potential to serious inquiries. expencesive land because of the ag production and income. price to be determined but driven largely by ag value. subject to 1031 exchange.

Mike Grossman

On a fun note we just added a sweet cabin and timber to our hunting spots and they can still be found.

Last edited:
I have a great farm for sale in SOUTH AMERICA, I grow $50,000 of sugarcane per acre each year, I have 500,000 acres. My dad is also the king in Nigeria. Please wire $, we'd be willing to sell whole place for $1,000,000 US.

Wow, thats a heck of a return. Please send me more information. Would any of your neighbors be interested in selling also?Whats the average size buck taken yearly?

sugarcane in Iowa

I want to purchase a land for farming first time. can you please suggest me or guide me which type of soil and the fertilizer is good for sugarcane farming and where I purchase the land ?

Union County is very good sugarcane land, but deer like sugarcane so it might hurt your yield. Boy those bucks get big on a diet of sugarcane:D

Last year I had a sugarcane plot and it was also full of pheasants!!!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom