Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

North American Whitetail Cover Buck

iowabruce

So I'm looking at the Cover of the new NAW magazine, and the buck looks hauntingly familiar, but I just pass it off at the time.
This morning , I'm in my basement moving some sheds out of my wife's "area" and it hits me.....I have the sheds off of that cover buck.....the exact sheds.
Bill Kinney took the photo of the buck, so I wrote him to see what the scoop was on the buck. By the way, I scored the sheds grossing 165 7/8" with an 18" spread.
Not really that big of deal, but kinda cool!

DSC02992.JPG

Dang what a hoss, I haven't go the oct. issure yet. Had septembers and thought that was the one, and if he was only 165 with your sheds, he REALLY put on some inches.

I won't speak for this photo (cover shot) but Bill Kinney takes most of his photos around the Camp Ripley area of north central Minnesota. Pick up one of his calenders some time. Great photos of some very good bucks. He lives in this area so he just walks out the back door to make his living.

His 240 and home are for sale the last I heard. I did a lot of cement work on his place for the previous owner. I think he is thinking of moving to Montana????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iowabruce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the November isssue </div></div>

Well, wonder where my Oct. and Nov. issues are?

Yea... Camp Ripley is about 30miles south of me. I have heard of him down at the archery shop showing off photos. That was a few seasons ago.

Dean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 150 Class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the ear tag hole in the left ear. Or, I suppose it could be a bullet hole. </div></div>

I noticed that to, wondered if it was a pen deer?

a lot of deer have holes in their ears, thats how i knew one of my nice ones survived the winter,because of a notch in one ear.another stud i have on camera has 3 notches in one ear. they're not very sturdy appendages, wouldnt be too tough to tear one up in a fight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a lot of deer have holes in their ears, thats how i knew one of my nice ones survived the winter,because of a notch in one ear.another stud i have on camera has 3 notches in one ear. they're not very sturdy appendages, wouldnt be too tough to tear one up in a fight </div></div>

The picture in question was of a perfectly round hole in the center of the ear, not a notch. By the looks of the chews on the sheds I'd say he was probably a free range deer. Nice heavy shed by the way Bruce.

Top Bottom