Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

So close...(BBD?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMadCatter

I'm very upset tonight, these photos are of a buck I believe to have shot tonight. He was right at 100 yards in these pictures and I just couldn't get a shot at that far. We'll at approx. 7:10pm tonight I believe I shot him too far back at 15 yards. Yeah, make fun of my shooting all you want but it was hard to me to shoot at my hitlist buck at so close. I have 1,000's of trail camera pictures of him and this is the 3rd time I've seen him in person. Also, my Dad was with me but was back at our blind because I wanted to look at the pond really quick to make sure there was nothing up there around 6pm and these guys were at the corner of it drinking. Along with another small buck. I'm going to wait over night and hopefully after school tomorrow I will find this big guy and have him in my hands. I called Erick tonight about it and I found no blood but when I came home there was some on the bottoms of my boots. So, I think I might find a blood trail tomorrow.

Inverted the picture this is how he was standing...so I think I got his hip too...

12ga Pump action Mossburg with Winchester Super X Rifled Hollow Point Slugs 2 3/4"

Couldn't find any blood THERE, but it was getting dark and I left my flashlight at home and my Dad only had the pickup and there's no way to drive back there. I just pray I find him tomorrow and some blood...I heard crashing in the corn 10mins later while on the phone with Erick about it. My Dad then came and asked me what happened.

EDIT: I'm almost hoping I missed him, because if I did hit him I feel bad for the buck...I also found blood when I got home on the bottom of my boot.
12135-102_0029_585281.jpg

12135-102_0020.jpg

12135-102_0024.jpg

12135-102_0029.jpg

12135-102_0030.jpg

12135-102_0032.jpg

12135-102_0034.jpg

12135-sunp3385.jpg

12135-sunp3352.jpg

Last edited:
Can you give us a little more info? Did you hit him? Any blood at all? How far back do you think you hit him? Where did he go after the shot? Check for blood in the last location you saw him. We've all made bad shots or have missed shots. Keep your head up and search like crazy tomorrow or as soon as you can. Keep us updated.

Are those pictures still frames from a video? He's a good looking buck. If you're questioning the shot, you're doing the right thing by waiting. You for sure have a sleepless night ahead :) Good luck tomorrow.....really hoping you find him! If you hit him in the guts he's going to die tonight. You'll find him tomorrow, and if you didn't bump him he may not be too far from where you hit him.

Did the right thing backing out. Suppose to get pretty cool overnight maybe he will just lie in hs first bed and stiffen up.

What Did you shoot him with and what kind of bullet. I know my hornaday's are deadly, but hardly ever leave a good blood trail.. Shotgun, Muzzy???

hope you got him, dont hang your head. I bet everyone on here has had that happen ( i know i have). 12 gauge that close should have hurt him pretty bad. hope to see pics later:way:

If you shot him where the red dot is with that angle he will die. Good thing you backed out. Bring a gun with you in the morning. goodluck!! Keep your chin up!!

I'm 1 mile from where I shot this buck and I hear Coyotes going CRAZY like the loudest I've ever heard them! Could they be killing him or tearing into him? I had the same thing happen with my bow buck last year...I think they're killing him.

my buddy shot deer's far back with bow, found blood then trail went cold and didnt find him all over... thought he was still alive... about 4 months later his friend found his buck while he was farming.. whew! about a mile away from his tree stand!

coyote will eat it but wont able to move the body away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom