Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you think about this?

i don't know what the heck is going on in those pics, but i bet you you can't get muddy to go in those woods at night!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I did something similar to my brother in HS. He had a trail cam set up and after a football game one friday night, my girlfriend and I walked the 1/2 mile through a been field and I did a couple walk throughs in front of his cam with coveralls and a scream mask on. His reaction was pretty good as he was going through the pics!

Appears to be a guy with a mustache after zooming in and editing it some, but hard to get the detail with the low mp of the photo, not great quality.

picture.php

It's not a guy with a mustache, THIS IS ME IN THiS PIC! And I'm facing the other way, ur lookin at the back of my head, but I have a wig on

Damn, I know what I'll be thinking as I'm walking into the woods on that first morning...

Still not enough to keep me from chasing trophy Whitetails!

You all remember when that movie Blair Witch Project or whatever came out. & the person was maybe like floating 6" off the ground. Me and my bros hated walking out of the woods that whole season and I had the creeps that whole year. I think I remember running back to the vehicle to get the heck outta there. :)

Sligh1 said:
You all remember when that movie Blair Witch Project or whatever came out. & the person was maybe like floating 6" off the ground. Me and my bros hated walking out of the woods that whole season and I had the creeps that whole year. I think I remember running back to the vehicle to get the heck outta there. :)

Reminds me of Turkey season...it was creeping going out there alone for the first time ever. Not as bad as when your leaving after dark from your stand. I remember one time I heard a noise 4 feet behind me I turned around saw a weird shape and dropped my bow and ran. I didn't know what it was then I finally figured it out. Looked back 50-100 yards later and realized it was a doe fawn following me. Jeez that scared the crap out of me.

I had a huge fear of the dark as a kid. Thankfully I outgrew it and it takes quite a bit to creep me out now.

Reminds me of Turkey season...it was creeping going out there alone for the first time ever. Not as bad as when your leaving after dark from your stand. I remember one time I heard a noise 4 feet behind me I turned around saw a weird shape and dropped my bow and ran. I didn't know what it was then I finally figured it out. Looked back 50-100 yards later and realized it was a doe fawn following me. Jeez that scared the crap out of me.

Ha! Years ago I had a very similar experience. I was alone in the spring turkey woods and it was quite dark and I was little spooked and I swear that something was following me. I had stopped and looked a couple of times when all of a sudden I felt something cold and wet on my hand! :eek:

I jumped a mile high and yelled out loud. It turned out to be a lost coon hound that thankfully was quite friendly, but I was sure the boogeyman had me for a second! :D

Had a few of those experiences also. Moon was bright one morning so I didn't turn my flashlight on. Heard something following me. Everytime I stopped walking it would stop! Finally made it to my treestand got up in it, as I was getting out my light it was standing below my tree. Turned my light on and shined him and he looked up at me and it was the buck I was after! :)
One other time I got out of the tree and was walking to my 4-wheeler and out of know where, out of the tall grass it came running and jumped up on my back!! I believe I crapped myself. Here it was our farmdog. Must have been layiing by the 4-wheeler until she heard me walking out.

JNRBRONC said:
I had a huge fear of the dark as a kid. Thankfully I outgrew it and it takes quite a bit to creep me out now.

I'm not scared of the dark, just the things that are in the dark.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Skip, I can totally relate, as I remember feeling creeped out walking in on those morning hunts after seeing that movie!

Sometimes I try to get a buddy to hunt with me just so I know I will walk to the tree and not sit by the truck and wait for it to be light. I still pry get down a bit too early at night than I should. I remember as a kid I would get down out of my stand and walk to get dad and every once in a while I would spook a deer away from him, and then the one time I had a deer coming in and I stuck her. It was about dark and my dad was like running to my tree cause he thought I had fallen or something because I hadn't came and got him yet.:D

In Michigan, for some reason there's more creatures that make weird noises. you ever hear Screech Owls?!?!? I hunted these giant hills out by Lake Michigan, it was always foggy & the woods looked like a mossy & creepy werewolf type woods. The noises I heard out there were always spooky, some of them to this day I don't know what they were. And another spot in Michigan, big swamp & bog was there, same thing, freaky, weird noises.
Dag nab, now I'm starting to think of this crap again and I'm going to be a grown man running out of the woods again this fall! :)

Skip, there's plenty of screech owls in Iowa. There always around my house.

There's also lions, bobcats and bears.

I hated walking in the dark during early bow season in Southern MO, mainly because copperheads and rattle snakes were still out, and they were getting ready to hibernate for the winter, and try to get everything they can. So their meaner than heck that time of year.

Top Bottom