Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

14 years

Cooter said:
Can't buy a gun for a gift for someone. So its a loaner.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Really that's a law? Never knew that.

Old girlfriend once bought me a shotgun for my birthday, does that mean I'm still borrowing it from her?

One of the questions right on the forum you fill out when you are buying a gun. If you select "yes" that this is a gift they will not sell you the gun.

If she bought it and filled out the paper work it is registered to her and would be her gun, unless you did a trade or paid for it in some other way.:)

Mobile Cooter using IW

What a great gift. Like has already been stated, something he won't outgrow and will last a lifetime.

The talk about not being able to buy a gun as a gift is false. You can buy a gun as a gift for someone. That is 100 percent legal. The question you are referring to asks if you are the actual buyer/transferee of the firearm. Meaning are you the one who is paying for it and it is being transfered to at the time it leaves the ffl. You can buy the firearm, fill out the paperwork and give it as a gift but you cannot buy it for someone in exchange for money or service. That is what is illegal. It is called a "straw purchase". And the part about the gun being "registered" in someone's name is also bogus, there is not a gun registry in Iowa that you have to have your gun registered in.

Thanks for the info. If that is true why is any paper work filled out, a photo copy of ID and weapons permit card?

This is where it is confusing. It says you can not purchase a firearm in behalf of another person. Wouldn't that be gift or other wise?

Here is the first question on the form.
a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are
acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you.

-}}}---------->

Last edited:
Had it out for some pumpkin shooting.

http://youtu.be/MNweV3WN_kw

Guns are fun people are evil.

20121218_103159.jpg

-}}}---------->

Last edited:
Guns suck!! Buy him a bow!!!!!!!:D:D:D Bad thing is ......Later he' gonna realise he looks like you and use it on ya!!! :D You know I'm kidding !!! :way: Hell all the guns I got till I was 25 was made by Daisy!!!!!!! Why do you suppose that is!!!!!!!! :moon: Congrats to you both my friend!!! :way:

Top Bottom