Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

181" Iowa Whitetail

great buck , and room. going to have to move some around to get that slob on the wall. I think that's a great problem to have tho. congrats.

Congrats for sure and thanks for the story and details. No idea why you're getting bashed on here. Keep up the good work

Nice deer indeed. But I feel your post is long winded, and your stroking your own ego. Nice deer either way.

Wow, his post/story is actually quite a bit shorter than a lot of them at this time of the year. If all you have is rudeness/jealousy to offer then kindly cram it.

Wow, his post/story is actually quite a bit shorter than a lot of them at this time of the year. If all you have is rudeness/jealousy to offer then kindly cram it.

X2 Daver! Houston, I don't think you are, but don't pay Swampy any mind. There's probably 40 other posters that have replied thus far and he's the only one feeling bitter or something. 40/1 is pretty good odds that people like your post and pics! Keep up the good hunting and we all look forward to seeing what you produce in the future!

X2 Daver! Houston, I don't think you are, but don't pay Swampy any mind. There's probably 40 other posters that have replied thus far and he's the only one feeling bitter or something. 40/1 is pretty good odds that people like your post and pics! Keep up the good hunting and we all look forward to seeing what you produce in the future!

Houston, great deer! That's one awesome trophy room! I think your post was a good read and great pictures to go with it! I actually just joined this site a year ago and don't post much, but people like Swampy are the "norm" at iowasportsman forums and that is why I do not participate in that site any more..... Post on brother! Looks like WE ALL could learn something from your 40+ years of bowhunting!

I agree that the crossbow can be just as challenging as a standard bow. Great buck and an unbelievable wall! You sir, seem to know things that even the pros don't. Keep on it and I agree with some of the others. Show us the rest of your wall!!!

I'm always amazed at how unique these creatures are. Awesome deer. Never knowing what the next one could look like adds so much to the fun of our sport.

Lets see some more pics! Awesome buck! Glad you decided to pick up the Xbow versus the camera, a pic with you behind him is much better.

Don't worry about the whiners, they usually go away. Even if they don't, it looks like you'll be ok!

Instead of quartering away which I prefer I put the arrow in front of the shoulder and angled it back to come out behind his front leg, it's hard to get both lungs with that shot, I have done it probably 1/2 dozen times including a bear. BUT there is some risk with this shot, big animals die hard with only one lung pierced. JMO thanks for asking, jeff~

Nice buck! Lots of character. So, quartering to you with the point of impact where the shoulder and neck meet? Just trying to visualize it correctly. There was another post recently regarding this type of shot, but maybe more straight on thru the chest.

Well while your at it why don't you throw in how much money you make, and show us some pics of your super model wife. Not a fan of arrogant people. A slice of humble pie wouldn't hurt sir.

The man posted photos and story of a beautiful buck, as many do. If you can't say something positive, refrain from saying anything at all.

Congrats Houston on another fantastic buck!

The man posted photos and story of a beautiful buck, as many do. If you can't say something positive, refrain from saying anything at all. Congrats Houston on another fantastic buck!

Agree. Great deer and story. Some people just can't understand all the hard work you put into this hunt. It paid off big time and jealousy comes out. Hope we don't lose pics and stories for fear 1 or 2 will try and blast something you do.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Heck of a deer and awesome wall!! thanks for sharing- how about pics of the other walls!

Well while your at it why don't you throw in how much money you make, and show us some pics of your super model wife. Not a fan of arrogant people. A slice of humble pie wouldn't hurt sir.

comments like this are one of the main reasons people don't share as much on here anymore-

Top Bottom