Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2007 Lone Wolf New Products

Actually I think the bow was designed after a Darton...

I think they have the light and portable market down. I would imagine they are trying to appeal to all different types with their new products.

I will stick with Alpha Hang On and Sit and Climb.

Those look to be suited for a man who really likes comfort or one who likes to hang like a monkey from a tree.

I could see the ladder stand useful for gun hunters especially older folks and kids.

To each their own I guess.

The new ladders are incredibly nice but be prepared for sticker shock! I looked at all their new stuff at the ATA in Atlanta and got to speak to the new owners a bit. They are very nice people and still dedicated to turning out the best treestands on the market.

[ QUOTE ]
The new ladders are incredibly nice but be prepared for sticker shock! I looked at all their new stuff at the ATA in Atlanta and got to speak to the new owners a bit. They are very nice people and still dedicated to turning out the best treestands on the market.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sticker shock is right, I know it's real bad. Somehow they think they can get a huge amount out of a LW ladder or huge stand.

I don't think they realize who their target market is. A guy doesn't buy lone wolf to clunk it through the woods to parallel it up on a tree or take 20 minutes to hang such a huge clunky stand. Plus you don't exactly want to leave $300 stands in the woods because these aren't easy to take down and out. You get LW for quiet, easy to hang, non creaky, slip in and kill jobs.

I really would like to try out the assasin though. I stand most of the time on stand anyway so this I think I would try if it's quieter than my assault and sticks.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they realize who their target market is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are trying to expand their target market.
waytogo.gif

sticker shock?!?!? from a lone wolf product!??!!?! the HELL you say
grin.gif

now that they have their tv show running, they need to get $400 out of everyone, not just the hardcore bowhunters

[ QUOTE ]
I just so happen to be a fat clumsey man that likes big secure platforms. I think the ladder stand is the ticket for me

[/ QUOTE ]

Post of the year...
30577-rotflmao1.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think they realize who their target market is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are trying to expand their target market.
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I definately believe they are trying to expand the target market but still $400+ for a ladder stand who is the target...Bill Gates. I spend a aweful lot of money on hunting stuff and LW stuff but there is a snowballs chance in hell I would pay over $400 for a ladder stand that I can't take right back out of the woods w/ me.

I would have to think guys w/ money would think the same thing even if you are hunting your own ground.

I buy LW products because they do things other stands just can't do and my thing is I just don't see what seperates this ladder stand from the rest of them.

I don't know maybe it folds up in your pocket and you press a button and it pops open escalating up the tree. I would buy it then.
grin.gif

The ladder platform is 36" x 24" and they have independently adjustable ladder feet for uneven terrain. 350# weight rating and weighs only 68#.

16' Ladder stand will MAP at $579

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
bigshock.gif
shocked.gif

How much for that XL hang-on? Looks to have the same 36x24 base?

I'm not saying I would pay that for a ladder stand, but I didn't think I would pay $180 for a hang on 2 years ago either. I have hung alot of ladder stands (big ones) by myself and it sucks. That being said, I am not quite ready to pull the trigger on that stand yet.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

......having........chest.......pain......can't.........breath.......what are they, freakin nuts?

Why would I pay that for a LADDER STAND? I too am fat and clumsy and like my ladder stands. I can get ladder stands for fiddy bucks, if I watch for the sales, that are good sized and OK sound and comfort wise. The Lone Wolf logo ain't worth $529 bucks.

Just my more than humble opinion.

The 'Bonker

And how much will it be selling for? I like the concept - I had the Treesuit for awhile. The foot platform is better than what I had designed and used.

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know how you would get up the tree with the assassin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing you'd be using the sticks... could be wrong here, but the assassin's appeal is probably just that it's lighter to carry in, and faster to throw up. Problem I have with shelling out the money on a setup like that, is that the Alpha is pretty damn easy to put on a tree as it is... sure it weighs more, but for the extra room and comfort it's hard to beat.

I figured you'd have to use the steps. IMO there's nothing better than the alpha hang-on.

I agree w/ TallTines. I really don't understand their logic with the ladderstand. Unless you can put it on your back and pack it in there's no reason not to just spend $150 and get a more comfortable ladder stand. And your not gonna see me packing in a 68lb stand.

They missed the boat with the new stands. If they wanted to expand their market they would have to make crappier stands and significantly lower the price.

No disrespect though, you can't beat the alpha and sticks or their climbers.

Top Bottom