Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

2008 Turkey Contest - Open to Suggestions.

muddy

Season is almost here and I'd like to hear back from you all on how you liked how last season's contest was set up. Do you like being in teams over single entries? Would 3-4 guys per team be more fun/interesting? Any other way you'd like things set up?

All suggestions are welcome.

hoofline.gif

I don’t much care how it is set up muddy. Last year was a hoot, and I hope we can have another contest this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I let my hunting partner down last year and I certainly hope for a different outcome this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

Last years contest was a ton of fun! I just hope this year I don't let my partner down /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I agree! I thought last year was great! 3-4 guys per team would be pretty cool too, as long as you pair me up with you or Limb! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I would like to have a partner. I just think that it would be easier for YOU to deal with pairs /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif did you choose the teams or did they pick there own last year?

I cant remember how it went last year. But what if you did partners and they could turn in three birds for scoring. Each person could only turn in two of course. Then you could score your "teams" best 3 birds.

Names out of a hat is how I drew teams. If there was an odd man at the end he got paired with me. If someone joined up late, I left and they joined the last guy. So on and so forth.

Teams of two will probably be the way I go, mainly because scrounging that many extra prizes would be difficult.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bushman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iowa birds only? </div></div>

No, it was the highest scoring bird you tagged over the spring turkey season.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bushman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Iowa birds only? </div></div>

No, it was the highest scoring bird you tagged over the spring turkey season. </div></div>

I only asked because best 3 out of 4 for a 2 man team was brought up and we are only allowed 1 bird each in MN.

I like how things were last year, however, id be interested to see if 3-4 man team is possible....

but last year was fine....

PM'd ya Mud

Muddy,
I think you did a great job last year.

I let my partner down but hopefully will not this year.

One thing I was thinking maybe more points are added or something depending on what type of weapon is used. It is way harder with bow than a gun and that IMO should be thrown into the equation. Just my thoughts.

i think a dead bird is a dead bird. extra points for method of take is a crock. i would think more team members would be a huge headache for muddy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'd be in on anything! I think I found an area where I may see a turkey or two!! </div></div>

oh great. now we are going to see harvest pics of a turkey buzzard. how the hell are we going to score that?!?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teeroy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i think a dead bird is a dead bird. extra points for method of take is a crock. </div></div>

I will agree to disagree with you on this one Teeroy.

You by far put in more time and effort shooting one with a bow than with a shotgun. It ia a lot harder by far.

Just a suggestion like Muddy asked for take it or leave it.

You did a great job last year Muddy should be a fun time again this year.

i agree, it IS alot harder, but a dead bird is a dead bird. method of take is personal choice, you shouldn't be awarded extra points for taking the tougher road. if that's the case, i would suggest just having a seperate contest for gun and bow. wich, would also make more work for muddly

Top Bottom