Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

236" buck killed by Pleasantville taken by DNR?

I heard it had EHD and that is how he was getting pictures of it before season. It was so sick it wouldn't run off.

Whether it was sick, injured, etc. does not condone ignoring the regulations.

As to other comments: I agree people make mistakes, which have consequences. In no way am I claiming to be perfect with that statement, either.

So where in the regs does it say you can't take pictures of a sick animal :confused:

Mobile Cooter using IW

I'm guessing if this deer was under 170 this wouldn't be such a big story. I think the jealous neighbors are pushing the issue.

If he did poach it shame on him. Crazy seems to follow giant deer? Everyone that gets shot there is always stories and speculation that fly around with it.

If I ever shoot a giant few will know about it.:way:

Mobile Cooter using IW

I too live in Marion County. I hope this story isn't true. It would be a shame for a deer of that score to be held by the DNR. I just heard the story and was wondering if anyone could shed some light on it.

Not sure how bad poachin is there but thats the number 1 reason its hard to kill a big deer here in western ky. Unless u have a top notch lease or some killer private land. One fellow that lives near me has done posted pictures of 2 different bucks this season he killed but ky is a 1 buck state, and he spotlights almost every night and shoots deer to leaves laying, pisses me off to no end and the CO doesnt do jack about it. People such as him mess it up for all of us.

Not sure how bad poachin is there but thats the number 1 reason its hard to kill a big deer here in western ky.

poaching is an issue and will always be... from using a long range rifle, to shootin them in noggin with a .22 after dark.... window shooters, and trespassers... and out of season hunters... as well as those who dont buy a tag until after the kill.. it will always be an issue here.

this is the first i have heard of this buck being killed, and ill apologize for my rant right now... It makes me sick when game is killed in such a fashion, but then again sureshot hit it right on the nail! Dont pass judgement. and Innocent until proven guilty..

AND.. this "hear-say" bs is just that... BS! dont spread a rumor that you hear to be true cuz it most likley isnt 100% truthful. Unless you hear it from a reliable source, not including your buddies sisters ex fling's best friends girlfriend. Get first hand info before you go sayin who did what and when! and even then better leave it to the CO.. second hand info sucks as far as being valid information.. I hope that for every person that speculates, that it comes back and bits them in the arse if they ever happen to bag a world class buck.. If its that big of a deal post up a newspaper article or write up..as im sure it has been documented somewhere for public to view, right? until then it didnt happen.

True story... i tore my MCL and ACL playing college football, and decided to transfer.... Rumor on the town was i got kicked out for failing a NCAA drug screening before a game!?!? my point? people talk.. and the story changes.. and a complete lie becomes the gospel. and those who spread it and start those rumors are the jelous ones. Just sayin, know your info first.

I cant see the picture. I actually cant see a lot of pictures when they are posted on here- first, why is that and second, how can I see this deer pic?

JRudd said:
poaching is an issue and will always be... from using a long range rifle, to shootin them in noggin with a .22 after dark.... window shooters, and trespassers... and out of season hunters... as well as those who dont buy a tag until after the kill.. it will always be an issue here.

this is the first i have heard of this buck being killed, and ill apologize for my rant right now... It makes me sick when game is killed in such a fashion, but then again sureshot hit it right on the nail! Dont pass judgement. and Innocent until proven guilty..

AND.. this "hear-say" bs is just that... BS! dont spread a rumor that you hear to be true cuz it most likley isnt 100% truthful. Unless you hear it from a reliable source, not including your buddies sisters ex fling's best friends girlfriend. Get first hand info before you go sayin who did what and when! and even then better leave it to the CO.. second hand info sucks as far as being valid information.. I hope that for every person that speculates, that it comes back and bits them in the arse if they ever happen to bag a world class buck.. If its that big of a deal post up a newspaper article or write up..as im sure it has been documented somewhere for public to view, right? until then it didnt happen.

True story... i tore my MCL and ACL playing college football, and decided to transfer.... Rumor on the town was i got kicked out for failing a NCAA drug screening before a game!?!? my point? people talk.. and the story changes.. and a complete lie becomes the gospel. and those who spread it and start those rumors are the jelous ones. Just sayin, know your info first.

Woah easy...no one is pointing any fingers. This is a message board designed to talk about these things. No one ever said it was 100 percent true or put the hunter down.

Rumor I heard was that the Hunter told quite a few people that he might have shot it about 10 minutes after legal shooting hours. Rumor is pretty close to the source.

HighJumper said:
Rumor I heard was that the Hunter told quite a few people that he might have shot it about 10 minutes after legal shooting hours. Rumor is pretty close to the source.

If that's the worst thing he did I would hardly say it was poached. As long as he wasn't using artificial light.

AND.. this "hear-say" bs is just that... BS! dont spread a rumor that you hear to be true cuz it most likley isnt 100% truthful. Unless you hear it from a reliable source, not including your buddies sisters ex fling's best friends girlfriend. Get first hand info before you go sayin who did what and when! and even then better leave it to the CO.. second hand info sucks as far as being valid information.. I hope that for every person that speculates, that it comes back and bits them in the arse if they ever happen to bag a world class buck

X2

GOSSIP "Even It's Name HiSSes"

Woah easy...no one is pointing any fingers. This is a message board designed to talk about these things. No one ever said it was 100 percent true or put the hunter down.

This message board is NOT put here to talk about THESE things. Its here to talk about hunting, not a rumor mill. This topic is the EXACT reason people dont put up near as many of their OWN harvest photos. Most of the monsters get leaked some how and are not actually on this site via the hunter posted with a story, hmmmm I wonder why:rolleyes:. How would you feel if you put in tons of work and were lucky enough to kill a monster, then to have everyone on here and in your community saying that you had to poach it some how?? I am not going to say I wouldn't love to shoot a 230 inch deer, but I will say that after doing so some parts of it would really suck.

westernsix said:
This message board is NOT put here to talk about THESE things. Its here to talk about hunting, not a rumor mill. This topic is the EXACT reason people dont put up near as many of their OWN harvest photos. Most of the monsters get leaked some how and are not actually on this site via the hunter posted with a story, hmmmm I wonder why:rolleyes:. How would you feel if you put in tons of work and were lucky enough to kill a monster, then to have everyone on here and in your community saying that you had to poach it some how?? I am not going to say I wouldn't love to shoot a 230 inch deer, but I will say that after doing so some parts of it would really suck.

I personally know a guy that was hunting this deer hard, he did something like 14 all day sits last season to get a chance at this deer. He put in all the work, spent all the money on food plots and such. He did everything the right way. And to have somebody take it illegally? Ya I have a problem with that

I personally know a guy that was hunting this deer hard, he did something like 14 all day sits last season to get a chance at this deer. He put in all the work, spent all the money on food plots and such. He did everything the right way. And to have somebody take it illegally? Ya I have a problem with that

Thats not the way you started this thread, fishing?

We just put in the sweat, time, expense on the foodplots,and days on stand, but there are no guarantees with wild deer.

Last edited:
Like I said before jealous neighbors pushing the DNR cause this guy shot "my" deer.

Sad very sad. This what hunting is turning into???

Mobil Cooter using IW

And YOU PERSONALLY saw this deer harvested in an illegal manor??

Thats what I thought.:thrwrck:

westernsix said:
And YOU PERSONALLY saw this deer harvested in an illegal manor??

Thats what I thought.:thrwrck:

Gotta love Internet tough guys. Alright look I wasn't looking to get jumped on by starting this thread. I was just trying to see if anyone else knew anything else about this.

Top Bottom