Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

8-10 inch power auger

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Huge favor that me and two buddy's were wondering if we could borrow someone's 8 or 10 inch power auger. We are going up to in minnesota and 18 inches of ice is gunna be a struggle with a hand auger. It is the weekend of Feb 16-18. We would replace or fix it if something went wrong, but we would be extremely careful. This is a big favor to ask but was hoping someone could help us out. thanks. Im in cedar falls. we would be willing to drive to pic it up. If we don't find one it is kinda guna put the kabosh on our trip. thanks.

Nick

Dont have an auger but Im curious where your going fishing
smile.gif

Dean

Sorry no auger here either. Just got back from Mille Lacs Sunday night. The fishing was alright. A few walleyes and a lot of perch. Good luck with the auger...

Actually a chain saw works really good.
You just need to remember to wear a pair of rain pants.
grin.gif

Ya might be a red neck if ya ice fish with a chain saw!
evil.gif

Hell, with a chain saw you could cut out a trench so you can cast bait casters, yah?

I am curious where you are going too. A lot more than 18 inches around here. There are places you can rent them... once again, depending on where you are going.

18 was an estimate. Didn't want to over estimate and sound like a moron. But yeah POUT OR BUST MAN!! me and a couple buddies are heading up. Anyone else going?? maybe we could meet up??

[ QUOTE ]

Hell, with a chain saw you could cut out a trench so you can cast bait casters, yah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is a hell of an idea. never thought I could use my hula popper in the winter.

Okay here's my sectret. Can't believe I am going to let the cat out of the bag.

Mount a chain saw on the back of your snowmobile facing down so it cuts a line through the ice. The put a rod holder on the back of the snowmobile and drop your lure through the cut. Now fire up your snowmobile and take off... you're trolling!!!!!!!

We were fishing on 23" of ice this weekend. Yeah you will definitely need a power auger. We had the aqua-vu down all weekend and Sunday morning had a monster eelpout come cruisin through. We tried everything to get him to bite but no luck. It was pretty sweet though.

We one of my friends claims that he is devastating with a ice axe. So we might just use that....haha

EEL POUT!
smile.gif
Piss on the auger and just bring more beer
smile.gif

I work in Walker and live about 30min south. Unfortuantly Im sure that weekend will be full of activities the way it is.
Make sure you ask before cruising across Walker bay towards Onigum (Onigum Highway). Someone dropped a 00 Cadilac through into 90feet last week. Havent heard about anything else being thin ice.

Good luck.

Dean

Augers and chainsaws? REAL ice fisherman use dynamite! I can almost read the urban legend already.
grin.gif
Three guys from Iowa with their new vehicle brought their lab ice fishing......

I grow up in Walker and I don't think I ever got a line wet during 'pout Fest weekend, but I never left the ice. Man LOTS of anti-freeze on those weekends. I really like the idea of trolling with the chain saw, sounds like good 'pout tactics.
Check out the Ranch House Supper Club (5m north of Walker), good food and lots of it. Go Warriors!
peace.gif
beerchug.gif
peace.gif

Always on the ice huh? Come on you never went into Benson's to warm up?
grin.gif

Ole Jeff Arnold is still the same... Goin a hundred miles an hour...

Dean, do you know how his Dad is doing? When we were up there in July he wasn't in very good shape. Just curious.

Ive used a chain saw more than once. Way back before we got a jiffy that was the only to get your spearing hole cut. I mean how else are you going to cut a 2*3 foot hole thats 20+ inches thick.

Im headed up to the cabin that weekend I think. Limb you in?

Top Bottom