Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

African safari dream hunt

Wife and I will have a crossbow and will also use a gun if we aren't getting something we want at the waterholes. Brothers shooting his bow. Going for kudu, gemsbok, blue wildebeest, impala, and zebra.

Got out for a quick hunt on the first night here. I was not planning on shooting a warthog. But the first animal that came in I could tell was a really good warthog and the PH and my wife agreed. It only took a second to convince me. Went about 60 yards. My brother saw 5 sable a big Cape buffalo and shot a really great blue wildebeest on his first night. I'm trying to get pictures up but the wifi isn't the greatest. Loving our trip so far.

Got out for a quick hunt on the first night here. I was not planning on shooting a warthog. But the first animal that came in I could tell was a really good warthog and the PH and my wife agreed. It only took a second to convince me. Went about 60 yards. My brother saw 5 sable a big Cape buffalo and shot a really great blue wildebeest on his first night. I'm trying to get pictures up but the wifi isn't the greatest. Loving our trip so far.

Alright!! Semi-live updates from Africa! Keep 'em coming.

When you get the pictures up Chip...will we be able to tell which one is the warthog and which one is you? :D

Glad you are posting the updates. Congrats to you and your brother can't wait to see the other trophies you guys harvest.

Went out today and it was a long morning with nothing more than a couple of baboons coming in. At about 12:15 when our PH and I were starting to doze off Lauren said there's a kudu coming. A small bull was followed in by about 5 cows. Then here comes this big guy through the brush and around the backside of the waterhole in the brush. About the same time 3 zebras come in with a big male which was also on my list. It was already getting interesting but then a warthog decided to come in also from the other direction. We are still trying to get situated in the blind without spooking anything. The cows were feeding directly in front if us for about 5 minutes and the bull was coming towards them when the warthog passed by the blind at about 6 feet and spooked and the cows started walking off. The bull was already on the way out but stopped to nibble on a few leaves. Andre our PH grabbed my rangefinder and told me he was at 37 yards and asked me if I was comfortable with a shot. I said I'm taking him and he hardly had time to get the video camera on him when I let the arrow fly out of the ten point crossbow,
The shot was perfect right behind the shoulder and the kudu jumped about 6 feet in the air and came down hard on his side. He regained his feet and made it about 20 yards before he was plowing dirt. He got up again and we couldn't see him after that. He only made it another 20 yards. We didn't tape him out but they say he will be right at the 51-52 inch mark. Tomorrow Lauren's turn as she is going to shoot whatever on our target list that comes in next. I'm again trying to get the pic to upload.

Top Bottom