Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

African safari dream hunt

Unfortunately all my brother got yesterday was a Guinea fowl . He had tons of wildebeest at his blind including a 6 figure golden wildebeest . They saw a couple of great kudu cross the road a little ways away and a huge wart hog that didn't come in close enough.

Today was very slow for both of us. Curt saw a bunch of wildebeests of which he already had one and Lauren and I had another 50+ inch kudu bull come into the same blind we were in yesterday.looking forward to tomorrow you never know what it may bring.

Chip - what are the temps like where you are hunting? What area of Africa are you in? Keep the updates coming, good luck!

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with the thread the Internet is not that great. The wife and I are having a hard time seeing many animals let alone the target animals. I did almost get a shot at a bushbuck today which is almost unheard of with a bow. My brother shot a gemsbok yesterday and a 25.5 inch impala and a 51 inch kudu today.
And yes he is always the lucky one :)

Keep your spirits up, things can change fast on any hunt as you know. I was surprised with the temp range you reported, much cooler than I would have thought. Is that what is keeping sightings down?

BTW, we got a nice rain in our Iowa neighborhood today. Hopefully you got some brassicas in before you left.

A few more pics sitting on the plane in atl.

URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/chipterpstra/media/BCBBCE80-751D-48AC-A973-B2B709CD2B3B_zpsbssahb8k.jpg.html]
BCBBCE80-751D-48AC-A973-B2B709CD2B3B_zpsbssahb8k.jpg
[/URL]

Lauren's second guinea the warthogs came in and are her first one before we got pics.

Last chance blue wildebeest

Thank you we had a blast I know its pretty biased but I think it would be hard to beat limcroma safaris.

Top Bottom