Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age this one

Shredder

Life Member
I know he is big enough, what would you age him at?
911-agethisone.jpg

Dang, his nose looks old but the rest of his body doesn't look over 3.5 to me. Tough one to call. Put him on the wall!

Unless you have a photographic history, nobody can say for sure. Kill him, send his teeth in, and enjoy the mount

Great answer. I always marvel at the physical differences in certain same age bucks I have gotten to know over the years with trail cams. It really is a guess at best. His body does look lean and young yet his antlers say 4 1/2 or more. Hope you stick him!!

3.5.......Just can't see an older deer having such a streamlined body. Rack is interesting but I'd say SUPERIOR genetics and 3.5.

4.5 seems hard to fathom that headgear on just a 3.5. Arrow that pig and then we'll be able to know for sure!

No neck, slender body, long gangly legs. 3 1/2 years old. If he makes it 2 more years, his rack will be so big he will have to drag his chin on the ground and walk backwards to get anywhere. :way:

Great answer. I always marvel at the physical differences in certain same age bucks I have gotten to know over the years with trail cams. It really is a guess at best. His body does look lean and young yet his antlers say 4 1/2 or more. Hope you stick him!!

I agree with this word for word.

If I couldn't see the rack I would guess him 2.5-3.5. With that kind of mass I would have to guess atleast 4.5?

Great buck!! He does look young, but I don't think there is any way I could pass that deer, perhaps if I had exclusive permission on 2000+ acres and that pic was on the middle of it. Do you have any other pics of him?

If you were to have shown only the picture of the body and not his head along with it I would of said 2.5.........any history with him?

This is the 4th year with history with this deer and the first time I saw him, I would have thought he was 3.5. Here is the same deer with his 2008 rack. I saw him in 2007 and passed the shot cause I thought he was a youngster and wanted to give him another year. He is pretty limited access as I can't make it to the farm to hunt him near as often as I would like to. First picture is 2008 rack and The second picture is his 2009 rack

911-2008rack.jpg

911-2009rack.jpg

Top Bottom