Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Age this one

so the buck was probably 4.5 in 2008 which makes him 6.5 now? Deer are like any other mammal. Take a dog for instance, some are fat, some are skinny, some are tall, some are muscular, etc. Different character, different appetite, different food sources, different stresses, different build!

so the buck was probably 4.5 in 2008 which makes him 6.5 now? Deer are like any other mammal. Take a dog for instance, some are fat, some are skinny, some are tall, some are muscular, etc. Different character, different appetite, different food sources, different stresses, different build!

Excatly! :way:

This is why I can't help but laugh when guys say "he's got that big roman nose on him" He must be at least 4.5 years old. That's such BS! Every deer can have a different look. I've seen 2.5 year olds with that "big roman nose" guys always talk about and I've seen 4.5 and older bucks with long skinny snouts. Every deer is different.

Agreed, well said IMO.

I don't think those are the same deer Shredster. Don't racks get more nontypical the older they get? Your second post shows split tines, the original pic is as typical as it gets. JMO

They are for sure Tomo. I have 30 pics to compare vs the 3 you have here. Just have to trust me on this one. I had a deer in Illinois that changed for 3 years with 3 separate racks and his ear notch was his dead giveaway...this ones giveaway is his head and shape of rack.

I don't think those are the same deer Shredster. Don't racks get more nontypical the older they get? Your second post shows split tines, the original pic is as typical as it gets. JMO

The buck I killed this year (january ML season) went from big typical, to big non-typical, back to typical in a 3 year period, but always carried the same frame. As they get older, alot of different things can happen to their rack, just depending on how well the buck ages.

The buck I killed this year (january ML season) went from big typical, to big non-typical, back to typical in a 3 year period, but always carried the same frame. As they get older, alot of different things can happen to their rack, just depending on how well the buck ages.

Sweet! I did not know that.

I would have guessed not the same deer as well but we obviously don't know him as well as you. Just goes to show you, it takes history to really have an idea some times...

Good luck chasing him this year.

Top Bottom