Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Albia Buck"

I just received an email from a friend from Albia. He said that someone had recovered a or both of the sheds from the "Albia Buck", and sold it/them for $100,000. That's a lot of money for a set of sheds, but they are incredible. Like SHEDHEAD said, a lot of questions will be answered at the Classic.

After reading all of this I am still not certain whether this buck is currently dead or alive. Can anyone speak to that that has first hand knowledge?

Passthru- our source of information must be a mutual friend or someone close to the people that know this. You are right on the mark. As for not getting back sooner to reply to you last night, I was having problems with my computer and was about 2 seconds away from turning my Gateway into a bow target. As for the statement "the two of them aren't talking anymore" that is true, but there is one more person involved who supposedly washed their hands clean of the whole deal. I know that person posts on here and won't defame their character by saying who it is. As for your question Daver- I heard from a person 2-3 weeks ago they took pictures of the same deer bedded down next to a brush pile. The pictures were being developed the week I talked to the person, but I don't know if they turned out or not. So far, there is no evidence to prove he is dead or alive, only speculation. I will not say until I have seen the pictures myself. We can only hope he is alive. Here is a good question for you.... How much money did Lindberg make from NAW to write the article and use the photo's?????? Lindberg will be at the deer classic with the sheds, I wonder if he paid for a booth this year to promote his hunting camp?

This goes out to all you guys in Albia that just like to hunt deer. I am sorry.I cant think of a worse thing to happen.Possible world record non typical running loose in your area. Does anyone have an educated guess on how many people have read about this? Or worse yet how many of them will be coming to Albia to hunt for it

This story is all over serious deer circles.
alot of people, I'm sure even on this forum aren't saying anything. I'ts a small hunting world we live in. Word travels fast.

Mr. Shepard you don't have to feel sorry for all of us. I can show you 600 acres of Albia, Iowa that no one will be hunting on other than myself.

Mr. Bones, sounds like your all set up. Good for you. I,d like to look at that property, as long as you want to show it off.
Thanks

IOWASHEDHUNT,
No I have not seen this buck. I know this buck was not seen on property ajoining mine.
PRIMETIME,
He has a deal with a farmer in the area to hunt all of his property. I don't know how much land this farmer owns or if Linberg has permission from others.
Full-strut,
I know the deer was not near my property, but it will not keep people from trying to hunt there.
I do agree he should not post those sheds and call them his most recent find. I will not go into any past dealings with Lindberg, I will just say we see things a little different.
Good hunting hope to meet some of you guys at the classic.
BOWDUDE

Iowadeer- For your first night registered, you have stated some good points. I only use the name represented in the "Nationally" published NAW as it is a true and factual name. I am not attempting to defame the character of the person, I am just stating my opinion.

I do know there is a third party involved in this and in one of my previous posts in this forum, I stated I would not say who it was. So, as I know they read this regularly, they are entitled to defend themselves and the explain the actions of their counterparts if they wish to.

All I am saying is "It is not legitimate advertising to say, 'Check out our recent finds', if in fact you are trying to promote a business." I do understand it does not read on the website that the sheds were found on the property of the outfitter, yet it would lead the common person to believe that they were.

full-strut, I'm on the same page as you. If things aren't being handled right, it's wrong. I don't care who it is. Your right about the outfitters name being in the magazine, I'm sure you are closer to the situation than me, so there are things that you have encountered that i wouldn't understand. Outfitters, especially newer outfitters will stretch the truths a little to promote their business. I don't agree with it becouse the people who are purchasing the services from those outfitters are being misled.Thats one issue, the other issue is trespassing. It's illegal anyway you cut it. if somebody was trespassing on my ground, you can bet they would be dealing with me and the law., and they better hope the law got to em first. It's ben interesting to talk to you guys about such an intersting topic. I hope all honest parties involved the best of luck. keep me posted with updates. thanks

All the info im getting on this buck is most of the people I talk to think he is alive. All this is a damn shame. The rumor mill has created a monster.I have also heard rumor as to what went on when bucks photos were taken. At this point in time Im tending to believe it.I hope the owners of properties in the area really lay in to trespassers for the next few years.This deer deserves to be given a fair shake and hunted legally and and above board.Im a realistic guy ,but this is getting to be way too much about dollars and fantasies.Im also concerned every poacher in Iowa will be out.

I agree with you guys. this story has really become something of a legend. like all ethical hunters i really hope for the same, fair chase of this animal.

Sounds like a collection to be really proud of. I can appreciate the amount of miles you've walked for those sheds. Boy, I'd really love to find a moose shed. I can't een imagine walking up on something that big out in the timber.

The worst part of finding big Elk and Moose sheds is the long haul back to the vehicle. The largest moose shed I found weighs close to 28 pounds. I carried this and a few smaller sheds about 5 miles back to my truck.
Needless to say I slept good that night.

Chris

Top Bottom