Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All around good gun

There are lots of add ons and accesories available for the 11-87. Chokes, Stocks, Sights. I assume they make an 11-87 in camo. That's the route i would go.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Upgrade? Ok, Benelli Super Black Eagle II /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div> Upgrade yes, not bankrupt! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ghost</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having "game specific" weapons is a great excuse to buy more!!!</div></div>

This is a great point... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

</div></div>

Also, everytime the misses gets a piece of jewlery, you get a new gun. ie: PAIR of diamond earings = PAIR of shotguns for you.

Not sure what you mean by modified, but I'm sure that'd be great gun for you. I have a 26" barrel and would recommend that. I've shot 2 3/4" light loads to super hot 3" hand loads without ever a problem. Mine's got a standard finish. I don't even bother camoing it for turks or ducks, never had a problem.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not sure what you mean by modified, but I'm sure that'd be great gun for you. I have a 26" barrel and would recommend that. I've shot 2 3/4" light loads to super hot 3" hand loads without ever a problem. Mine's got a standard finish. I don't even bother camoing it for turks or ducks, never had a problem. </div></div> By modified I just meant choke tube, fiber optic sights and maybe different barrels.

in your price range, you can easily find a used benelli m1. i bought mine new for $850, when the m2 came out. 3" chamber, so its not the gun for you if you want 3 1/2" for waterfowl. other than that, it will do everything you want, and take a beating....as well as dish one out

Remington if you're firm on your allowance, Franchi I-12 in Max 4HD if you can swing a small addition to the kitty. The other thought is a used SBE. Alot of people like the new ones but I like the orginal ones better personally. Basically the same gun as a Franchi with a stainless action.

Remington came out with a new model not that long ago the SPR453 and it will shoot 2 3/4 and 3 1/2 inch shells. Not sure how well they work but I saw it on one of the shows on the Outdoor Channel and they said for the money it was a good gun. Somewhere around $500 for an autoloader.

SPR453

I've had a 11-87 for along time. It has performed well. I have a 28" barrel but like someone added I wish I had a 26". Mine likes 3" of 6's. But all guns are different. Good luck.

Upgrade? Ok, Benelli Super Black Eagle II /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

</div></div>

I think i'm going to have to look into the 11-87. It seems like a lot of people own them and never have much trouble with them. But also I would like to check out the Franchi. Thanks for all the help guys, it's much appreciated!

I think they are a little more then you wanted to spend but for an all purpose automatic I would get a Winchester Super X3. Its been a long time since I was impressed by a shotgun but I really liked these.

Top Bottom