Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All the crap

enis

Got in my stand yesterday afternoon was plenty warm by the time i got into the stand, sat down and went to pull my bow up and got it almost in my hand and my freakin lucky arrow fell to the ground leaving me only 2 left. I know guys should only need one but ive been down that road before and i got hosed. So already sweating so bad i crawl down the tree to retrieve my arrow when i heard something rustling in the timber. NOTE ON THE GROUND and my bow is 20 ft above me i look over to see 3 does coming my way, decisions hmmm do i just stand there and try not to spook them or risk the rest of the hunt gettin busted climbing back up? long story short i made it back up without gettin caught and had a enjoyable hunt, all the stuff a guy needs or just takes cause we think we need to the tree im sure this has happened to everyone at one time or another. Any stories of anyone missing a shot at a big buck cause of this i,ll listen. Sorry guys bored at work trying to kill a little time so i can get to the stand this evening and drop something else.LOL /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

inverse happened couple years ago. Got in in the morning saw nothing. Hook my bow up and start lowering it down, in walks a decent buck. Try to pull my bow back to the stand, buck focuses right in on the movement. He stands there forever staring at the bow, stomps a couple times and finally relaxes and turns his head away. Try to get the bow up to the stand again when he is not looking..... midway, deer turns bust the movement of the bow twirling in circles AGAIN. Another Mexican stand off begins. Long story short no shot, no buck, and 40 extra minutes in the stand for nothing to show :D.

That would suck. Ive been close to doing that same thing bud. Im not very patient anymore. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Got to the stand before without my release.

Got to the stand before with field points instead of broadheads.

Got to the stand before without my bow.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moosehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to the stand before without my release.

Got to the stand before with field points instead of broadheads.

Got to the stand before without my bow. </div></div>

im going to refrain from comment
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
hahahaha

Yesterday morning, got my rattling antlers out and went to hang them over a limb. The side I tossed over the limb had become untied and the antler dropped to the ground. Proceeded to drop my hat within 5 minutes of that. I had another hat with me, so didn't climb down.

Yesterday afternoon, sun was shining on me and I was getting hot. Tried to carefully take my jacket off and knocked the arrow off my string. Picked it up before I left.

That was just yesterday. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moosehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Got to the stand before without my bow. </div></div>

How is this possible?

1) Had a pin fall out of my release as I hooked it to the string loop when there was a buck coming down the trail.

2) Half way up the ladder stand I look over and there's a nice 10-pointer warching me climb from 30 yards away. He hadn't moved a muscle until I made eye contact.

3) Cold snowy night I decide to get out of the stand a few minutes early because I am freeeezing. I lowered my bow and then just stepped out of the stand onto a tree step when I look up the trail and here comes a buck 40 yards away and closing. By some miracle I actually got back in the stand, got my bow back up, unhooked it, knocked an arrow and shot the buck.

I could tell more if I had time.

If we could only camcord ourselves hunting. We could all be rich on the show americas funniest hunting videos. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I have forgotten and or dropped every thing at one time or another, exept the bow. Never have droped it or forgot it, but then I've only been at this a few years so there is still plenty of time. Dropping stuff hasn't had a negative impact on me, because I chase everything out of the area just getting the tons of crap I haul along into the woods and up into the stand. I hope to some day get this all figured out, well maybe not all of it, but at least enough to see something besides does, spikes and baskets.

Worst thing I have forgotten, glasses as in eye glasses. I don't THINK I saw anything that day and biggest nuisance item would be my release. I had a backup release in my tons of crap but it was different so that screwed with my head a little.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hook my bow up and start lowering it down, in walks a decent buck.</div></div>

Ditto - This happened to me about 4-5 years ago. I went in to hang a stand one morning with only about an hour to work with. Had seen a dandy from the road the previous night. Got the stand in place and before I could leave I see a doe with "the" buck tending her. The walk off without incident and I wait for things to settle down before leaving. Finally have the doe reappear farther away (150-200 yards) and I think I can get out without bumping "them". Lowered the bow, start climbing down and the buck reappears (without the doe) and walks in 8 YARDS broadside with me trying to hide behind the tree trunk and the bow on the ground.

No shot that day and the rest of the season. Buck was killed that season and went in the 140's. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Gotta throw this in there. One day Skully and i were going to hunt together that afternoon, and if you personally know him he is the pickiest person you will ever meet. I pull in his driveway honk the horn 5 freaking thousand 5 hundred 35 times and he comes runnin out the door with everything in his house hooked to him or in his arms. He jumps in the truck, we head down the road and went to turn, while turning heard something on the roof of the truck sliding, looking back to see his PSE Dominater bow bouncing off the road. HE ABOUT SH## HISSELF!!!And so did i. Laughed all the way to the timber. Bent his sights a bit broke an arrow or two and scratched it up a bit. You will have to rass him about it some. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Got to the stand before without my bow.</div></div>

That would make for a hard hunt!

Two years ago I miss judged the distance of a doe and shot over her back, I started to get down to get my arrow so I didn't have to look for it after dark. I just stepped off the last step and look up and she is coming down the same trail. I scooted behind the tree and waited for her to come by this time she was perfectly broadside and I didn't miss. Lost that arrow and ended up the first on stuck in the base of a tree and ruined it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleDropTines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really while in the tree but, I did run my wifes bow over where we were parked once. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif </div></div>

Sooo, did ya do a little "box time" for that? What? you're still in it? Too bad.

The 'Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleDropTines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She was less than impressed /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

Well, you did say you were "parked" so what 'zactly was she "less than impressed with"? Runnin over the bow, or was it more of a Jaqucsoinian issue?

The 'Bonker

O man, the things I've done. Dropped my bow out of my stand. Well, just to save time, pretty much dropped everything out of my stand except myself. I'm with Moosehunter, I have forgotten my bow before. Trust me, you'll only do it once. This year I was going to film a buddy, well, forgot the camera.

Duck hunting is were I totally loose my memory. I've run over my shotgun, twice in one day. I forgot the decoys one day. Forgot the shotgun quite a few times. Forgot to lock the hitch down on the boat. First time I put the decoys in the boat instead of the back of the truck, I got to where we were going to hunt and there were no decoys (who would think that a full bag would blow out of a boat?).

I could go on, but I don't want to look like a bonker /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DoubleDropTines</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I dont know what that word is but /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

this is getting funny....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

ill have to do some thinking, i dont ever make stupid mistakes like that.... so illl have to let Jonny think of a few for me

Top Bottom