Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Already at it again

I think its a horrible loophole in the law - I'm a landowner and get landowner tags for my own use every year and would never think of selling them to anyone - resident or non-resident. Even if they were worth thousands of dollars. Just seems wrong to me.

Tags

My uncle bought his hunting lic but is waiting to draw a doe tag first come first serve u have to draw a doe tag first for late season and then he can party hunt and use one of my land owners tags to shoot a buck it is legal what they are doing may not be right but it is legal

My uncle bought his hunting lic but is waiting to draw a doe tag first come first serve u have to draw a doe tag first for late season and then he can party hunt and use one of my land owners tags to shoot a buck it is legal what they are doing may not be right but it is legal

If by "late season" you mean Muzzle-loader season, it is not legal to party hunt then. Only during the shotgun seasons. Also you can't party hunt in the archery season. Non residents can't even buy a "doe only" archery tag now.

Late shotgun season you are right about the other seasons he pulls a doe tag every year for the past 3 years for late shotgun first come first serve on that you get your doe tag this month for nr then he can shoot whatever he wants long as somebodt in the party has a buck tag he can use

I e-mailed the link to Steve Drumond at the DNR, he replied back, "Thanks for the tip, an officer will be following up on this right away."

I texted one of the guys in the pictures that were posted on this ebay link and he said he doesn't know anything about it and doesnt know that Richie Botta guy who posted it.. sounds like a scam

I e-mailed the link to Steve Drumond at the DNR, he replied back, "Thanks for the tip, an officer will be following up on this right away."
I received an answer from Steve Dermand this afternoon. He thanked me for calling it to his attention, and assured me it is indeed not legal! He has passed along this info to officers for further investigations.

Late shotgun season you are right about the other seasons he pulls a doe tag every year for the past 3 years for late shotgun first come first serve on that you get your doe tag this month for nr then he can shoot whatever he wants long as somebodt in the party has a buck tag he can use
And who is going to give a nonresident their antler tag without selling it in one form or another? I can't think of many residents willing to do that other than landowners.

hmmmm 914 area code? sounds like the "landowner" tags aren't his either....unless I guess he hasn't changed phones since moving to iowa..........but highly unlikely. Another thing that the DNR MIGHT want to check into...duel residency.

i still think you need to have a tag for the season you are hunting in order to be legal?? i cant go hunt second season with a 1st season tag or a late doe tag.

i still think you need to have a tag for the season you are hunting in order to be legal?? i cant go hunt second season with a 1st season tag or a late doe tag.
A landowner can use their first season tag to hunt second season if it hasn't been filled. This is all the more reason landowner tags should not be sold or used for nonresident hunting. Hopefully events like this will call closer attention by the DNR to the use of landowner tags!

There were 4 other listings on ebay. I think there is one other listing by this guy but it is worded differently.

He responded to my question. He said he is not selling land tags he is selling a party hunt.

ya, i know you can use your unfilled landowner tag for 1st and second. but that is only for the person on the tag, my uncle gets a couple landowner tags and goes with us first season, if he doesn't use it sometimes he goes out second, but the only way someone else can go with him is if they have a second season tag. i cant go because a bought a first season, my neighbor cant go because he doesnt have a tag at all, i don't see who can go without some sort of second season tag????

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
tags

when you hunt with 5 farmers who could care less about killing anything and they are your friends then they let who ever shoot whatever we have 5 extra tags every shotgun season we dont sell s--- you need to understand that right now if thats what you where trying to say or what not everybody breaks the law i dont know what they do where you are from

when you hunt with 5 farmers who could care less about killing anything and they are your friends then they let who ever shoot whatever we have 5 extra tags every shotgun season we dont sell s--- you need to understand that right now if thats what you where trying to say or what not everybody breaks the law i dont know what they do where you are from

What the heck are you trying to say here????

Top Bottom