Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ammish KIll Monster

houston

A local ammish man has killed a verified monster non typical killed in Ringgold county this week with 30 scorable points that will go over 250 and maybe quite a bit more. They are letting pics be taken today.
I will have them later today.
Jeff~

Was the Kill legal. There are some ammish people around where we hunt and we always hear their high powers ring off. Just wondering

Amish don't do camera's and pictures or the internet for that matter, so I would guess there is no harvest pic.....Hopefully he allowed someone to take a picture!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gundog870</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oohh the amish </div></div>

I wonder how they manage scent control when they hunt? I'll bet they just have to play the wind.

Wonder if it was shot with a 30.06 crossbow.

Oh the Amish is right, gundog...

I live in Ringgold Co. I hear rifles from them all the time. Would have to see the shoot it to believe it was a legal kill !

I Know 2 guys that saw this hog right after it was killed and said it had over a thirty inch spread and thirty scoreable points! The amish was amazed to get 110 lbs of meat:).
One got pics on his cell phone. I live about 2 miles of where he was killed. As for the scent control They don t use deoderant so they smell like an animal any way. I also know they dont use camo. I guess with the beard they look like a brush pile /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
They also roam the country like they own it all!
Just my 2 cent steve

where is the pictures. I am hearing about this buck already over here in sw iowa but no one could say they have seen a picture of it.

I met some mendinite guys last year at the Iowa deer classic, they were basically amish but would drive cars and such. They were some of the most knowledgeable bowhunters I've ever talked to, and each one of him talked of monsters on there wall. They shot in the 3D shoot and I was impressed! With the news lately, these guys must really know what they are doing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice to see hunters already calling it a poach. </div></div>

Got to agree there.
Here we have non Ammish hunters, ourselves, and the Ammish hunters. Two types of hunters from two entirely different worlds sharing one passion, deer hunting. Pretty amazing if you think about it.
I for one can't wait for the story and photos. Congrats to the hunter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quote:Nice to see hunters already calling it a poach.

Got to agree there.
Here we have non Ammish hunters, ourselves, and the Ammish hunters. Two types of hunters from two entirely different worlds sharing one passion, deer hunting. Pretty amazing if you think about it.
I for one can't wait for the story and photos. Congrats to the hunter. </div></div>

Agree.

No its not the same deer as last year. Read Steve Knapps post he is also from Ringgold Cty. and looked at it. The rack took a little road trip to Bloomfield on Thursday. The mans name is Alan Deitweiler from Redding Ia.When he gets back there will be pics. If your that impatient, take a pill!

Jeff~

Top Bottom