Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

And i thought i was desperate

sofakingfast_1

Today while helping install a furnace on a resedential job. I seen the homeowner had some very impressive deer mounts. I was talking to him about when and how he got them etc. etc. He said he doesnt bowhunt at all. He hunts Illinois First shotgun season every year. Heres where it gets interesting.

He started showing me pictures he had taken of bucks on there back legs trying to get high enough to reach this clear plastic bag he had placed on a branch about 30 yards from his deer stand. He said the last 6 years he has did a little trick. Which i find pretty NASTY. He gets a bloody, ummmmmm used female monthly flowstopper and places it in a plastic bag. The night before opening morning of shotgun season he places the bag on a limb under his deer stand. The next morning he goes out. Sits and waits for a buck to come to that smell. The last 6 years it has worked to perfection. He hasnt had to hunt more than 2 days a year. Now im pretty desperate to harvest a big buck.....but.....i dont know if i could bring myself to do something like that. Have any of you guys ever heard of such a thing? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

Haven't done it but have heard of it. I may get knocked out cold if I was to ask... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

There is 26 pages of comments on this subject on archerytalk. Very entertaining if you have a couple days to read it... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Archerytalk.com, I will find the thread and PM you the link. Funny stuff. But, I do think it works, I just don't think I have the stones to follow through with it.

cool thanks. i dont think i have the stones either but i will grow them a little bigger this summer :). i have until october. Mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.....

ppl use to bring them up to canada bear hunting at my rents resorts! i thought it was pretty disgusting when they left them in the tree!

Yea,.... Hmmm... Yea I dont even have the stones to think about asking.

I think I will keep spending the money and chancing that "professionals" can bottle it from deer for deer.

Dean

Well i have the asking problem already taken care of. She looked at me like i was stupid for a while then realized i was serious. She said yes as long as it gets me out of the woods sooner this year. I said ill be pulling in deer from Illinois and Missouri with that kinda smell. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif just kidding

hahahaha ill use a black plastic bag so i cant see it. and i wont be thinking about whats inside the bag. ill just think of the big buck thats gonna get a big whiff of it and get curious.

That's where I draw the line!!! If I can't kill one with the millions of gizmos I already have then I guess I am not killin one!!! I agreee with Limb, I would get a fryin pan upside the head for even asking!

Gene Wensel wrote about it in one of his books, the first I think. Claims it works. I believe he said his bride wouldn't go for him going around the neighborhood collecting some and putting them in the freezer.

AGS

Try the ones with "Wings", they just glide around your tree like little cardinals. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Really though, I leave the house to get away from the P.M.S.ing, I'm sure as hell not taking any part of it to the woods with me! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Does it need to be "rut"? My wife is pretty easy going...I could convince her to chuck on in a zip lock for me, just tell me what month to go for it.

Top Bottom