Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Another prayer request

bowman

Super Moderator
Hello all. I recieved some news today that shook my world a little. My mother has been battling cancer for over three years. She beat ovarian cancer and has been battling pancreatic cancer for the past two years. She has survived all that she was not supposed to and has beat all odds up to this point. She is very strong in faith and is a litteral walking answer to a prayer. The past three years have reinforced the power of prayer and that is why I am writing today. We recieved the news today that the doctors are stopping all cancer treatments as none seem to be working. It was decided that the treatments would only make her weaker and provide a poorer quality of life. They are now using the word "months" when talking about her life span.

I know that the past three years should have made this news easier to take but is has'nt. I am 30 years old and I'm just not prepared to lose my mother yet. The doctors are giving up but we are not. Please say a prayer for my mother. She is one amazing woman with a heart of gold. The generosity that she has shown to strangers throughout her life is amazing. I could tell stories all day, but this post has been long enough. Once again, my family would really appreciate your prayers. The power of prayer is an amazing thing!!!!

As someone that's been through that myself, I feel for ya'. Prayers coming forth for your mother and family.

Wayne, for the first time in a long while I am at a loss for words. I will gladly pray for you and your family. Cancer sucks.

Having the stong faith should make it easier for her. My thoughts and prayers are with both her and you.

I will be praying for your Mother as well as for you and the rest of your family. Keep the faith.

I have a 19 year old nephew who is undergoing a stem cell transplant to battle a reoccuring brain tumor. Cancer is an awful thing. I'll be praying. God Bless.

Hey everyone. This is my great aunt and I just heard the news about twenty minutes ago. She really is an amazing person as Wayne said and she has been a trooper. I know they say the Lord works in mysterious ways but I dont know why he has picked on her so much. This was a huge reality check for me when they said months. I forgot how things can change just like that. As Bowman said the power of prayer is amazing so please pray for her, she is an amazing person that will always keep fighting. I love her so much, Thank you guys so much.
Buckwheat

My prayers are out to you bowman.

I know a lot of what your feeling I lost my grandmother to breast cancer in 93', my grandpa when i was 3 to melonoma (however i only know of storys about him and toys he made me when i was very little).....my bestfriends mom pasted away last spring right after his 16th bday and she had battled breast cancer twice and the second time it came back in her lungs and liver (she was like a second mom to me, and their family are huge friends of ours), my father has lived with a brain tumor sense i was in 5th grade, and my cusin battled lukemia (sp) when i was very little. It's hard on you and the family but ya just have to stay strong and pray to get through it and make the most of it.

With all my hopes and prayers,

huntn4life

wow, puts things in perspective again. sorry to hear that bowman. though i'm not the most religious man on the earth my thougths are with you and your family.

Bowman
My prayers are with you. I know how you feel since i just lost my hunting partner, mentor, and dad last year to cancer. He was only 47 years old and i was only 19 at the time. It was a very tragec time in my life so just hang in there.

Yes she is in need of a prayer. My thoughts are out to your mother and family. Some prayers go a long way.. Keep the faith, and I'm very sorry to hear this terrible news Wayne.

Wayne keep the faith and my house hold will be praying for your mom. We'll also pray for you and the rest of your family in understanding Gods purpose.

My prayers are lifted up to you and your family. I am very encouraged to hear iowawhitetailers share not only their love for our sport, but also other matters such as prayer requests concerning serious health concerns, etc.

I know this is a site devoted to whitetails, but I see nothing wrong with sharing a few other issues as well.

If anyone out there is offended, don't read these threads!

MO

Top Bottom