Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Antlerless Quota

muddy

Makes me shake my head when I look at all the antlerless quotas... Some peoples counties sold out within hours where the counties I'm hunting in still have over 1900 tags left. If you're curious, here's a link to the counties, the tags issued, and the tags left.

Quotas by County

We've got 5,480 left out of 5,500 where I hunt. I better get a bigger "deer hauling" trailer to shuttle them all to the locker plant!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We've got 5,480 left out of 5,500 where I hunt. I better get a bigger "deer hauling" trailer to shuttle them all to the locker plant!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't wait to see the picture this year!

I was surprised when I bought my antlerless tag... only allowed one tag a person until sometime in September? No biggie but it sorta struck me as odd.

Yeah, I read that. That's why I'm in no hurry to purchase tags until Sept. 15. Then, look out!!!

Buy now and it's easier to space out the credit card bill. $50 here... $50 there... $50 elsewhere... It's like you didn't even buy the tags, right?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Buy now and it's easier to space out the credit card bill. $50 here... $50 there... $50 elsewhere... It's like you didn't even buy the tags, right?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't work when my "accountant" gets the statement.
frown.gif

Back to BioLife for me.

[ QUOTE ]
The dnr making us wait until sept 15 th seems stupid whats there reasoning any how ?
wall.gif
wall.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a guess, but I think they are trying to spread the tags around, giving lots of people the chance to buy one license over the course of a month, then lift the limit on them and let them sell out.

[ QUOTE ]
doesn't everybody know when they come out ? it isn't a secert

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess some people might have better things to do than buy tags on line at 12:01 am the first day they are on sale. Just what that might be I have no idea!
grin.gif

If a county only had 200 tags and ten people hoarded 20 each, that might not be fair. Only being able to buy 1 the first month spreads it around.

Last year when you could buy 3 before Oct 1 Webster county sold out at about 1 am it would have only taken 34 people to buy it out.

This year at 1 a piece 100 guys got an extra antlerless. and it took until around 7 am.

Somewhere I saw a post about a guy who got in line at Walmart in Fort Dodge at 10:30, That's why it's only 1 until Sept 15

muddy what part makes you shake your head? do you think guys are being a little "overkill" or what?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow 8/16 7:32pm and 22 tags have been sold for Van Buren county- better hurry only 4978 left!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that 49,000 would make a difference...
smirk.gif

Heck...I've still got a locker full of venison and we've been eating venison 7 days a week and giving it away.

Seems like most folks kill about the same number of deer they always do around my place...which means there are more then ever...
shrug[1].gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the truth in some areas, there is close to 1000 acres really close to my place that just doesn't get any pressure on anterless deer.

[ QUOTE ]
muddy what part makes you shake your head? do you think guys are being a little "overkill" or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's crazy how out of control some counties are and they give out 5000 tags where others only give 100. Just weird.

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's crazy how out of control some counties are and they give out 5000 tags where others only give 100. Just weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Around here leased land and State and County parks all equal NO HUNTING, then factor in access difficulty from landowners that don’t allow hunting.

No hunting equals deer sanctuaries which in turn equal high deer numbers. You would think the DNR and the County officials would start to figure this out.
frown.gif

Some State Parks do allow antlerless hunting on a limited basis.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow 8/16 7:32pm and 22 tags have been sold for Van Buren county- better hurry only 4978 left!

[/ QUOTE ]

smirk.gif

Heck...I've still got a locker full of venison and we've been eating venison 7 days a week and giving it away.

Seems like most folks kill about the same number of deer they always do around my place...which means there are more then ever...
shrug[1].gif

[/ QUOTE ]

One word: HUSH

Top Bottom